Skip to content

General classic car restoration Channel 5 last night. General

You are in... Forums > General > General > classic car restoration Channel 5 last night.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

classic car restoration Channel 5 last night.

Did anyone see it? They "restored" an E Type in 4 weeks. In a shitty looking garage, By finding crappy second hand bits including shocks/springs, (the very things you like to buy new), in a dismantlers yard! Someone had put in a "modern" plastic sun roof and they didn`t have the wit between them to get rid of it. An overnight blowover in red. They didn`t remove ANY body panels.....couldn`t be arsed to even take the boot door off even though they were changing colour from O.E.White to red!

They made me laugh when it was announced that they were doing a competition to "WIN THIS CAR"!
This was one E Type I didn`t want.
The valuer guy came and was totally taken in. He reckons £30k......OK its a shiny E type that runs, but he`s £10k too much. He must`ve felt a prat after seeing show and the idiots who worked on it.
I was looking forward to this program after being into old cars most of my life, but this was more suited to a "cowboy garages" type show.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 11:07)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

I'll have to see if that's repeated

online, if it's not too shocking of course :huh: just sat in a properly restored one the other day, very nice :biggrin: all properly polished and repainted and fully rebuilt to the last nut and bolt :smile

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Thats

how they should be!

I drove one once (fhc) and at 90moh it felt like it was trying to get airborn. A bit scary TBH.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

will have to look out for it...

like you say cheeky... obviously what they call a restoration and what those who know call a restoration are poles apart.... my dad was a panel beater, and has restored many classics over the years, from TR6s, to E types, even a Jowett Jupiter.. (of which he hand rolled and made pretty much all the panels from scratch) took him a week to just lay the paint on... never mind overnight!! 

i spose tho, if you did win the car, might be ok as a starting point for a proper restoration!! lol :lol: 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

it didn't take...

two and a half years then?:smile

in 8minutes

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

brings a tear to my eye...

to see something so beautiful restored... imo, one of the most perfect cars ever designed.. but then, it was designed when style counted.. and men with brylcreem had a passion for designing and engineering...

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

A great design

Loads of E-types at Goodwood festival of speed last year,( and this of course). There was also a HUGE center piece E-type statue in front of the main house.

A wonderful car with timeless design, one that Enzo Ferrari wished his company had designed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle