You are in... Forums > General > General > Chinese bikes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Chinese bikes

At least once a fortnight I see a couple of guys riding smart looking but small capacity 125 supermoto styled bikes on the A11 through Stratford around 8am.  Bumped into them today at the petrol station on Clapham Road.  Both bikes were de-stickered and I'd always wondered what they were... one was a Lexmoto LSM125 (approaching 35k miles) and the other was a Sinnis Apache (approaching 50k miles!).  Both lads were Polish and commute from Basilson to Clapham Junction most days of the week.

Who says Chinese built bikes can't hack it!

Over 28 million produced last year versus half a mill from the Jap manufacturers.  Chinese bikes outsold Triumphs in the UK 2 to 1.

Anyone else got one of the better Chinese brands (Lexmoto, Pulse, Sinnis (ok they're based in Brighton but made in China)) and managed to clock up the miles reliably?  Would seriously consider getting one myself as a winter runner given that the Polish lad's bikes looked pretty mint considering the use they were putting them to.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 13:11)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

China

You`ll be surprised how many motorbikes are built in China:shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexmoto-Vixen-125cc-Leaner-legal-commuter-No1-Dealer-in-UK-/110902616749?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item19d24fa2ad

A warranty/breakdown cover is what you/us need.

Surely a dealer won`t deal in cr*p.? 

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

Bike....

magazine have bought a self assemble Chinese bike (Yamasaki...I know sounds like a wind up) for a thousand quid delivered.Be interesting to see how they go on with it.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

what

the poles failed to tell is they have covered most of thier miles on the back of a transit van, be a few years yet before id consider any of them as an alternative to jap bikes, and by then i will be too old thank christ.

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

Chinky bikes

Had one (Kinroad 125cc) a couple of years ago I like to tinker with bikes but f*ck me did this thing need tinkering.The bit that defeated me was the electrical system self destructing weekly. Not a single electrical junction on the bike was sound fix one and the next one would die. Couldn't keep up with the bike's ability to fall apart.

So I think I'll avoid them for the next decade or so.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

FUCKIN ME

I BROUGHT A TTHUMPSTAR PIT BIKE 125

2ND TIME OUT I BLEW THE GEAR BOX CLEAN OUTA IT

THE SWINGG ARM PIN BENT ETC ETC

TOFFFE BIKES TOTAL SHITE

DONT BOTHER !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Yeah

I was surprised big time by their condition - particularly with the mileage. Surprised that they were still intact and ran, let alone looked to be in excellent condition and ran sweet as a nut. 

Found this MCN article and wondered if companies like Lexmoto and its sister co Pulse, along with companies like Sinnis are really producing some reasonably decent stuff these days - something a cut above the usual shite?  After all, do Lexmoto/Pulse not manufacture engines for Suzuki under licence?

Reply to this Topic
Fspider

Sep 12

Fspider says:

Chinese bike here to

My lad has his good weather sports bike, and he also has an AJS NAC 12 comuter that's used every day.  Over the last year he has put on 5,000 Miles without a days problem. It was bought used at a year old and it was the style that attracted him to it. Modest power for a 125, but enough to comute on.

A good solid bike and a good experience so far.
I know there is a lot of hate for Chinese bikes Especialy on forums. But in the 30 years of riding my self, I have had some serious Japanese lemons in my time. Things will get better in time I think.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices