Skip to content

Ask an Expert No Fault in Accident and Insurance Premium Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > No Fault in Accident and Insurance Premium

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gj6n68

Aug 12

gj6n68 says:

No Fault in Accident and Insurance Premium

Hi All,

Unfortunately, I was part of an accident in August while I was on my motorcycle and someone hit me from back.

Now though the other person and his insurance company have accepted full liability and responsibility and my insurance company has said that I would get no claims certificate in the end of my insurance term, I am curious to know if my insurance would go up just because my name would be on accident database ??

Would it affect my car and motorcycle insurance ???

Thanks in advance...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 14:56)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

accident

database? New on me,

All accidents should be disclosed (last few years) upon any renewal your fault or not.

In my case as yours with non fault it did not increase my premiums.:smile

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Accident / Insurance

I'm with Jaffa :smile

Reply to this Topic
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

yes

database exists and if you have claimed a single penny from your insurance company whether your fault or not you will pay more , my wifes increased by 33% , insurance companies are robbing barstewards

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

Robin Barsterds

+1

You're now classified as a higher risk, you shouldn't have stopped in such an exposed position.

My wife's car premium went from £180 to £550 after a no fault shunt. The parasite MDs have to earn their bonus somehow.

Reply to this Topic
Rotop

Sep 12

Rotop says:

yep

just put your details in on a price comparison site with and without a non-fault crash and see what happens.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Apparently

how it works is: you have a non-fault accident, claim off the other parties insurers, inform your insurer (because they need to know of "insurance related events".

Then, because you've been in a no-fault accident, YOU'RE considered to have a higher risk of a fault-accident (claim against you) in the next (3 IIRC) years. (I think its on the Confused.com site somewhere).

Christ knows how they work that out - I've had 2 non-fault incidents in little over 6 months, so renewal time will sting a bit...

Reply to this Topic
ACIC

Apr 06

ACIC says:

No fault accident and insurance premium increase

No-fault accidents often do result in increased premiums as the actuaries (highly paid statisticians) calculate involvement in a no-fault accident makes you a higher risk going forwards!

Regards, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer

MCN Legal Expert and MCN Law columnist

www.bikelawyer.co.uk

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices