Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort?

Honda has officially announced it will be putting a road-going version of the RC213V into production for 2014 as it tries to give a massive boost of excitement to the Honda brand. But is there any point? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 17:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

I can't afford one...

But it doesn't mean it's a waste of time. Yes the technology will filter through and eventually prices may drop enough for me to buy one. Surely anything like this is positive for the bike industry.

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Anything is better...........

..............than the retro looking Blade. Honda need to catch up on style with Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I love the idea that Honda are doing this just because they can and can't wait to see what they come up with when they are not so restricted on budget. The only problem I have is having to wait till the 2014 to get my hand on one. I'm not getting any younger and want it now!!!

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

About time!

I'm with 2 smoke on this one! Not sure about the blade being retro piroflip, the gsxr has looked largely the same since the k5, and the r1 has been running for a while. The only one that changes is the zx10, but seeing as its an ugly tacky mess on wheels that's to be expected.

Reply to this Topic
kristofuwe

Jan 11

kristofuwe says:

Probably a way for Honda to recoup some of the money spent testing dozens and dozens of chassis and swingarms every season. Build them into bikes and sell them rather than crushing them!

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Honda.......

......revival, not sure this will revive Honda as its going to cost £40,000 or so like the Ducati desmo RR, but i agree that the technology will eventually come through and that the current fireblade is not worth buying, its not much different to the 2007 one i currently ride.

Honda need to catch up with BMW, Aprillia, Kawasaki, even Yamaha have fallen back slightly since the intro of the big bang engine in 2009, not much changed since then.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Originality.

"I love the idea that Honda are doing this just because they can."

Perhaps influenced by the Ducati Desmosedici though.

Poll: should every proper motorcyclist own one at some point?

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

ONLY FOR

Its for homologation! The current 1000 has been less than stellar in its current form.. Johnny Rea has shown some speed at certain tracks but it has not been a consistant performer. The New bike coming may be great for racing but will it be a win on sunday sell on monday machine? I doubt it. The average guy couldnt run down and buy one kinda like a Panagali or Aprilia. Great for racing awful for selling to the fan.

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Homologation specials arent something new and Honda produced them way before the Desmo. As for trickle down of motogp tech, theyre just waving a carrot in front of consumers.  the tech they have on the race bike is decades ahead of what they will release to the street. We'll get a basic shape and engine, tc etc, nothing mindblowing. I would love to be wrong but Im willing to bet on it.  Increasing a products lifecycle and promotoing the brand is more important than giving consumers the latest and greatest.

And I bloody well hope it doesnt look like anything close to whats in MCN

Reply to this Topic
SStyloF

Oct 10

SStyloF says:

Homologation specials arent something new and Honda produced them way before the Desmo. As for trickle down of motogp tech, theyre just waving a carrot in front of consumers.  the tech they have on the race bike is decades ahead of what they will release to the street. We'll get a basic shape and engine, tc etc, nothing mindblowing. I would love to be wrong but Im willing to bet on it.  Increasing a products lifecycle and promotoing the brand is more important than giving consumers the latest and greatest.

And I bloody well hope it doesnt look like anything close to whats in MCN

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices