Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Is Honda's RC213V for the road a complete waste of effort?

Honda has officially announced it will be putting a road-going version of the RC213V into production for 2014 as it tries to give a massive boost of excitement to the Honda brand. But is there any point? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 17:32)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
brmoore

Jul 10

brmoore says:

Give it to me!!!

MY PRECIOUS!, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....so yea, I would like to have one, just a little bit....chances are that I won't win the lottery though :'(

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Slick

I've spent quite a bit of time around demos since they launched, and they are an awesome piece of kit, but its not a moto gp bike anymore than the Honda will be, what your posts seems to suggest is that the desmo is a very fast race oriented bike, I'm never denied it, but it isn't a moto gp bike, take your own example of the frame, if the materials are different how is it the same? If I cut a peice of glass to look like a diamond it doesn't make it so. But we are getting off topic, your original claim was that the Honda wouldn't be like the moto gp bike because of moto GP rules is easy for them to get around, release their RCV for the road a version of a race bike they no longer use, If the 2014 RCV is different to the 2013 model then wouldnt that free the 2013 up for production? As for Ducatis 'loss making' efforts, like VW and the Veyron companies often like to boast of their loss making exercises, as oppose to how those losses are negated by a team of accountants, but just out on interest, if a company as mall as Ducati could sell something as high spec as the desmo and absorb the costs, what could Honda absorb?

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

At Last

the bike i,ve been waiting for to warrant replacing my SP, or at least  givin the SP a well deserved spell. In reality because most of my riding is now on the road is it going to be a good road bike.???? I would rather they built a SP3 twin  of today as most of the posts on here only a few weeks ago seem to agree that a twin was a great bike on the road. If it,s built along the lines of the RC line , I,ll be havin one but if  it does in fact turn out to be an ultra expensive  Ducati style i won,t  be bothering. You can get a second hand Ducati in the US for less than half of what they cost, which dosn,t make it the  collectable i,d have, A 70 year old guy a know with eleventeen bikes once said to me ," your collectable is only worth the loaf of bread you need today" . For god,s sake make it affordable for the mass,s.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

For the road?

I wonder if "RC213V for the road" is a misinterpretation. Honda slyly mentioned the RC30 in the same breath so everyone thinks, "road bike!" They surely fed the V5 road-bike rumours a few years back and that came to nought.

Have a look at Mat Oxley's column in the October edition of Bike magazine. He reckons these will be £800,000 race bikes which Honda will sell (not lease) to privateer teams. They will be slightly lower tech than the factory machines and the aim is to kick out the CRT bikes. Interesting article.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices