Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should every biker own a BMW R1200GS at some point?

It seems no matter where you go there's always at least one BMW R1200GS. Should every biker own one at least once? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 17:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

NO...

As a long time BMW owner and even longer time rider I say no.  There are many other exciting bikes out there than the R12GS.  The GS is an appliance.  It's too easy to ride, too mild mannered, it practically rides itself and requires very little skill.  And as BMW's best selling there are already too many of them around.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I hate the thought of it but I suppose eventually we all turn in to our parents.......... this bike is the exact opposite of what attracted me to motorbikes.

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

they don,t float my boat

Sorry but I can,t get exited about this class of machine at all. They look like tractors that belong in a field, but how many bikes like this end up on the green stuff? Had all sorts of bikes over the years, but never have I been tempted to venture into this sector of biking. great for those who like them, but not for me thanks.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

the GS....

Has been around since I began my love affair with Sports Tourers in the eighties, a couple of dustbins attached to a tractor, nothing has changed in my book.

Reply to this Topic
Jarrefan

Nov 09

Jarrefan says:

Unfortunately I'm vertically challenged.........(Short Arse)

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

????

The question to ask is why? Why should all bikers need to own this particular bike unless this is a sales gimmick for BMW?

The BM will tick the right boxes for some riders but certainly not everyone.

Reply to this Topic
cetdac

Mar 10

cetdac says:

The better question would be should everyone at least have a go on a BMW GS. I did and went straight from my boring in line 4 cylinder clone sports borer to buying one. I was fed up with riding with one eye out for police and could never truly use its full potential on the road anyway. This was such a change in attitude for me, no longer one of the sheep, sorry crowd. Really enjoyed it, the lean angles alone were so much further than I ever imagined, such an absolute laff upsetting all sorts of bikers in their romper suits who were going so slow in order to get their knee down it was almost rude not to pass them.

Sadly it got knicked. Didnt have funds for another and by the time I did I didnt want to go back to in line fours and had an inkling I wanted another change, so Harley it was. Doh! Still more fun than I imagined but the GS keeps calling me back!

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Slow week in editorial?

So, next week's question will substitute BMW R1200GS with Fireblade. Then the week after, Bandit. Then Burgman, and so on, and so on.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Cetdac

Sportsbikes are now dwindling in numbers and therefor must be marginal and niche........... I'm afraid it is you Sir who is the sheep, buying in to the BMW advertising of the Long Way Round and listening to the hypnotic voice of Ewan McGregor!! The sportsbike and sportsbike rider appears to be hated by everyone for no other reason then they appear to be having to much fun. No one hates a GS rider, they are far to boring to be worth hating. Oh by the way, Harley's are ridden by accountants at weekends ;p

Reply to this Topic
flowersofmanc

Dec 08

Ugly

Yes - is the answer to the question if you want to ride the ugliest and most unappealing bike out there

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices