Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

CBR125R Servicing

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience of how much a 2.5k mile service will be on a Honda CBR125R (Southern prices!)?

I found this which shows what needs to be done for the 0.6k and 2.5k mile services, and the list for the 2.5k is, as expected, much more than the 0.6k service.

The problem is that the 0.6k service cost me £111 (it was done at Farnham Honda).

Is that price normal? I'd imagine that means the 2.5k service will be over £200?... Unless replacing the oil happens to be a much bigger job than I realise for whatever reason? (which doesn't need to be done for the 2.5k mile service).

£200 every 2.5k miles is ridiculous, especially when you look at how much the bike costs.

Any help is very much appreciated...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 September 2012 20:10)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If you're

using a Honda main dealer (you mention Farnham Honda), labour rates will be quite significant.

Options:

a) find a good independent workshop with more competitive rates.

b) if your bike is out of the warranty period, then buy a Haynes manual, some tools, and go on a learning curve by doing it (even if its only basic stuff) yourself.

c) if your bike has fairings, remove them before you put it in for service - that way there's less stripping down for the workshop.

Reply to this Topic
rpm2902

Jul 12

rpm2902 says:

Hi...

I had my 2.5k done at Farnham Honda back in March and it was £130.

This included £15 for the courtesy bike insurance.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

ffs

in in the wrong job , 130 quid to service a 125 takes all of an hour and thats doing the tappets, oil, chain and brake check, all for a little stamp in a book that counts for nothing once its three years old and they upgrade the colour scheme.

Reply to this Topic
ajmcguk

Feb 12

ajmcguk says:

:-)

Tell me about it. It's annoying as you don't have a choice.

The bike is only 6 months old so I can't do it myself. Also, I need to take it to the garage as they haven't stamped it for the first service (my fault - I forgot the service book).

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

forget the

honda dealers, as long as the place who services it ,is VAT registered and uses genuine honda parts they will honour all warranty claims, tis true mate my wife has a suzuki swift[car] and was quoted by the dealers 200 quid for a first service, done by a local VAT registered garage it cost her 65 quid all in for what is basically an oil and filter change and a bolt check, go check some local guys out you might save a fortune.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices