Skip to content

Ask an Expert Thinking of purchasing this jacket. Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Thinking of purchasing this jacket.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

harataiki

Jul 12

harataiki says:

Thinking of purchasing this jacket.

Hi, I am a fairly new biker. Been riding on the road since June (Pillion and Off road riding since I was 13 ish back in 2003!). I've had the same 'rocker' style leather jacket since I was 14, it has served me well, but it's a little short these days not good in the cold and wet.

I saw this on ebay:  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251029330020?var=550111778294&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3079wt_1413
it fits right into my Budget really (currently unemployed on Job Seekers post graduating) and I was wondering if anybody has, recognises or has any opinions on the jacket, obviously It wont be top notch, the price tells you that, but for piddling around the countryside and around town (Northampton area) on my Honda 125, would his jacket do? the description seems to be fairly promising, especially the armour parts. Thank you very much for any responses, and a special thanks to the Northampton/Wellingborough Riders who have been absolutely excellent in giving me room, nodding at me and even signalling to me to follow them when filtering so I can learn from some experienced riders, its been great to know that amongst the great Caged enemy I have some allies willing to guide me through. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 September 2012 22:57)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Jackets

Have a look at the Akito Python jacket (via ebay). I have used one for approx 13 years with no problems.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices