Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

Ducati will be able to get a clearer understanding of whether recent chassis and swingarm improvements to its factory Desmosedici machine are a big step forward after this weekend’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP clash. Rossi scored his best ever dry race result with second at Misano earlier this month on a new chassis and swingarm package that delivered improved rear stability on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 September 2012 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

faulty calculator

Does anyone know how many seconds are in two years cause my calculator keeps showing 84 seconds?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

80 seconds could be way shorter if ducati would listen to the riders. but they never ever did, ducati way or the highway! thats for to many years now. Stoner said they dont listen, rossi said they dont listen, and now dovi said i hope they will listen. updates always seems so far away at ducati, they brought a faulty ecu. an swing arm and a chassis in 2 year. only at the very very end, and by listening close to FURUSAWA they were able to proceed, and brings stuff that might help. if i were rossi wouldn't do anything anymore for Ducati, let them swallow all the bad thing in those 2 years without listening etc.

And without knowledge of building a superbike with a frame now they build a frameless panigale.! who nobuddy wants to ride in wsbk. but they have to!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The regular numpties..

..have been rolling around giggling and doing some decent dying fly impersonations, here at the cathederal of free speaking forums, for nearly 2 years..Rossi is washed up and can't ride or develop a bike. He was lucky to win all those titles.

Well, Misano saw most of them head for the hills. It was the best ride of Val's tenure..inch perfect lines scribing black arcs onto the asphalt. No mistakes, the tyres lasted full distance and his lap times were metronomically consistent to the flag. A blast from the past. Confirmation that the old skills are still intact.

Sure..it was easier without Stoner and Pedrosa. Yes..the weather and prior testing gave Ducati an edge. But there does seem room for optimism with the new parts.

The gap to the front will be an acid test and guide to all those hoping to see an improvement..not least the newly signed riders for 2013.

Deja vous flashbacks to 2010 for these last six races anyone?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well...

... it does seem like JB is limiting his comments to stating the obvious (Lorenzo? Title favourite?... never!)... while lots of folk were jumping up & down saying that Ducati had fixed the bike after the last race both he & Rossi seem to have a more realistic outlook... cool.

Rossi - "Anyway, we’ll see. It will be a chance to understand if we’ve really improved"

Almost 2 secs off the pace in QP at a 1m20s LS & 1m38s Indy followed by a 0.9 at a 1m55s Brno shows what you could call a marked improvement already... I'd take around 0.8 off the pace at a 1m48s Aragon as an indicator that they're continuing in the right direction though he's been that close in qualifying a couple of times this season already. A slip back to 1.5 or 2 is just that... under 0.5?... it's fixed!... put a decent rider on it & win some races!

:biggrin:

Of course anything can happen in a race as we saw last round.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

For the sake of the class let’s just hope the Ducati is now closer to being an easier bike that more racers can set up and ride competitively.
There has been a lot of work done trying to get this machine to be a lot more adjustable in a lot more ways for the purpose of adapting the bike to suit the different tracks. This weekend will give a good indication if there has been real decent progress at closing the gap to Honda and Yamaha. Fingers crossed for a good race.

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Wosi

I had it enough man people like u who bull shit about him being lucky for all those seasons ....u knw people like you should wash their faces , feel a little active and open your eyes to the wiki link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentino_Rossi

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

And next year...dont come with your foolish comments here..cuz v"ll have a yamaha backing ..n u gonna have to eat your own words

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

It's about 63.1 million seconds

To be fair though, JB didn't have two years looking into it, he had to finish off his 2010 year at Yamaha first. That comment did come back and bite them on the arse that's for sure. They obviously had no idea how screwed things were at Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

HATE IT OR LOVE IT

One dry podium by vale and no one missing Stoner haha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha....I rest my case

Reply to this Topic
CameronLeeds

Sep 10

CameronLeeds says:

Hi Wosi.   I can't see Rossi repeating that 2nd place (no-one else had dry set-up time etc)

but I would love to be proved wrong.  Here's hoping.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices