Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

Ducati will be able to get a clearer understanding of whether recent chassis and swingarm improvements to its factory Desmosedici machine are a big step forward after this weekend’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP clash. Rossi scored his best ever dry race result with second at Misano earlier this month on a new chassis and swingarm package that delivered improved rear stability on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2012 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hi Cameron..

..I guess we're about to find out. Rossi has never gone well at Aragon but does have some of his best tracks coming up.

Did you know?..that Stoner amassed a total of 95pts during the last six races of 2010 and then went on to declare he'd left Rossi a competitive bike that didn't need changing..just riding properly. Rossi has 20pts with five more to go, needing to avearge 15pts a race to match him and therefore be able to make similar claims next year.

Now IF he managed that AND was on the pace straight out the gate on the M1..there'd be a lot of very sick knockers struggling with credibilty, perhaps searching for a new place to spout their ignorant opinions other than the cathederal.

DH46..read the post again son. You're preaching to the converted.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

DirtyHarry46.....

No one missing Stoner? I should imagine every MotoGP fan is missing him as I am missing VR being at the front. The more decent riders we have fighting for the win, the fastest lap, pole and the championship the better. This season has been OK (!?) so far, but if Vale and Nicky were on a decent bike, if Dani had not have punted off, if Casey wasn't injured and if the grid was full of factory bikes and not the CRT farce we are seeing, this championship will be as it used to be. You flapping your shit lips up and down (talking crap) and writing utter rubbish is what I'd expect from someone blinkered into idolising a rider instead of the sport.

Reply to this Topic
mike27

Aug 02

mike27 says:

back to 2010...

As you will recall Wosi, Stoner ended that season at a fast and competitive pace including a dominant victory at Phillip Island and two other victories (Ducati always won easily at PI with Stoner riding; must have been the bike!).  By any measure, that was leaving a race-winning machine. 

However, it was amazing how the pace of it fell away so dramatically during 24 hours left in the garage at Valencia before Rossi got on it.

As you allude to, while Rossi was mugging it up for the cameras further down the pitlane, at the same test Stoner hopped onto the Honda and blew them away.

I'll answer your questions now:

Rossi won't be fast and competitive between now and Valencia; and

He will not see Lorenzo for dust when he gets back on the M1.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crystal ball..

..talk from Mike.

For your credibility's sake pal, I hope you have everything crossed up for luck in those orange panties..it wouldn't be the first time they've been all in a bunch, eh? 

I notice you don't mention the two own-fault crashes?..or 3 out of the last 8 times Casey rode for Ducati? Why's that then?

Stoner was a genius on that bike but over rode it..because he didn't have the capability to really get to the bottom of it's handling woes.

Reply to this Topic
SkinnyDave

Jun 12

SkinnyDave says:

4.6 Seconds

The podium was a bonus for them but I am more interested in the 4.6 secs to Lorenzo which would have been around 5 if Lorenzo didn't take it easy last lap. If they can reproduce that performance then that will be progress in my eyes then podiums may be available/possible

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"that Stoner amassed a total of 95pts during the last six races of 2010 and then went on to declare he'd left Rossi a competitive bike that didn't need changing"

When he left it was a race-winning bike... it hasn't been since. All bikes need changing to remain competitive... it was obviously competitive with him on it when he left because it was winning races. It has been less so since then.

"Stoner was a genius on that bike but over rode it..because he didn't have the capability to really get to the bottom of it's handling woes."

Show me a rider who has... he won races & crashed... Rossi hasn't won anything & isn't crashing as much... let's see at the end of yet another season who's approach is more successful.

Skinnydave - that's what JB is saying in this article... 4.6 (or even 5) seconds is probably a little misleading. The true test is at Aragon...

JB - "They had the two-day test before Misano and with the lack of practice we may have been in a position of advantage... We will look at the next few races because Dani (Pedrosa) wasn’t in the race in Misano and Casey (Stoner) wasn’t there."

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

H5..

Yes..it was a race winning bike when he left but it wasn't a competitive title contender. It went well at some tracks and bummed out at others.

We all know what was at stake 2011 and how much Honda threw at their bike to win a previously missing 800 title..a class that was their idea. They saved face at the last bell and their bike was head and shoulders..illustrated by Lorenzo's results, which he's turned back around this year.

Against 4 works Honda's and 2 works Yamaha's, Stoner would probably have struggled to mount a more effective title challenge than in 2009 and 2010. He may have won races at certain tracks, but a championship? Casey crashed his brains out at the end of 2010..what makes you think that the over riding would not have been neccesseary for him to achieve more wins in a far stronger field, hypothetically speaking of course. It doesn't make sense all partisan opinion aside?

As for a 1000cc CF Ducati being competitive this year, against opposition that has moved on yet again..I think you're dreaming.

Rossi has sacrificed 2 years towards the end of his career in an effort to get that bike turned around. Ducati have not been as open to change as they suggested they would be and have been slow in kicking on with the project this year, after 2011 proved they needed to make change.

IF the results improve from here on in..with the only upgrades that the riders have had available all year, who will look the mug?

In the old days before Audi it wouldn't have surprised me if Preziosi, knowing the situation and how it would look, kept the upgrades back to make himself look better. But after his cap in hand pleadings to Furusawa were made public and with new German ownership..he's under pressure to get his finger out. 

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Son

U go and Better learn some Manners

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

jus waiting for 2013

Your mouth will be shut Wosi..better start thinking for sumthing new to write up

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

OK...

"IF the results improve from here on in..with the only upgrades that the riders have had available all year, who will look the mug?"

Not sure what you mean by that? Other than all the upgrades they've had all year (ongoing), which are extensive but not unreasonable, what else could they have? If Ducati have got it right (for whatever rider) Ducati will be the winner... it's riders will of course reap that glory... & Rossi will have left a team having spent 2 years battling with satellite teams just as they've got the bike sorted... he wanted to leave & chose Yamaha because he wanted to be on a more competitive bike... he chose Ducati 2 years ago... is that the definition of a chump (ie bad decision making) or just bad luck? Your call. I know, despite what he & JB have said, you'll attribute all success & no failure to Rossi... that's cool... ultimately we'll all win 'cos the racing will be closer. It's a big IF though isn't it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices