Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

Ducati will be able to get a clearer understanding of whether recent chassis and swingarm improvements to its factory Desmosedici machine are a big step forward after this weekend’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP clash. Rossi scored his best ever dry race result with second at Misano earlier this month on a new chassis and swingarm package that delivered improved rear stability on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 September 2012 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Stoner was a genius on that bike but over rode it..because he didn't have the capability to really get to the bottom of it's handling woes.

And Rossi has?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Good effort..

..but they didn't race the new motor or aluminium swingarm because they were shite..the electronics fell apart causing Rossi to crash at the Mugello test.

Mere tweaks..No meaningful upgrades until September which was a revised geometry frame

You're as bad as Nostro numpty, trying to make out Rossi and co. have had everything they asked for..Ducati have done more development than Honda?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Rossi has?

What over ridden it? Far from it, but being slightly older and less likely to bounce when thrown off (I know it well!) he said he wasn't prepared to ride it like Stoner. Maybe you need to ride it on the ragged edge to get it to sing as it should and unless your willing to take it to this edge, it won't work as it was designed?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Well here is the best stat of all for Ducati as a factory the double podium with Stoner and Hayden on the first visit two years ago. I think Ducati could have something in store at Aragon watch the space.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

BBB

Got to the bottom of it's handling woes. Two years ago I was the person on this site saying that it didn't matter how good Rossi / Burgess were, Ducati could not build a bike good enough to compete with Honda or Yamaha. It's nice to of been proved right

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Mere tweaks.." - "Ducati have done more development than Honda?"

Honda have been using an aluminium swingarm for years... mere tweaks to you but upgrades to anyone else... & evidently the sort of "mere tweaks" that you hoped would make the sort of difference that could "add race pace to the new found consistency" when it suited your argument.

"they didn't race the new motor or aluminium swingarm because they were shite..the electronics fell apart causing Rossi to crash at the Mugello test."

I didn't say that their upgrades worked or that Rosii could get on with them... just that they exist... in fact I think I said the opposite...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

H5..

You can't say the bike was upgraded if they didn't race the part that was tested.

I said..without Rossi Ducati would still have the CF bike and that IF the new upgrades were effective AND he matched Stoners points haul during his last six races in 2010, Val would be entitled to say he left a competitive bike..just like Casey did.

The run in will tell us all a lot more..just like Jerry says in the story.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

FURUSAWA

ISN'T THIS GUY A MIRACLE???? only met few times with ducati and now you can look what's the result. 10 secs cut to the front. wow. Furusawa really really the man behind yamaha success. too bad he retire cause maybe he more like rossi than other rider.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Ok Wosi...

"I said..without Rossi Ducati would still have the CF bike and that IF the new upgrades were effective AND he matched Stoners points haul during his last six races in 2010, Val would be entitled to say he left a competitive bike..just like Casey did."

OK... we'll ignore the 9 podiums to Rossi's 2 because to achieve what you're saying will take a miracle... unless he starts beating the Aliens, picking up 3rds he's going to have to podium in all but one race which would give him 6 podiums... not bad. In 2010 on the Yamaha he only got 8 more points in the last 6.

Yep, I'll agree with you... realistically if he gets close to 95 points or he's up there with the leaders (in which case I'd give him a crash & the points that go with it) from his last 6 I'll hail it a success because it would have to be a competitive bike, with one proviso... if he's 3rd & 30 seconds of the pace I don't think even you would make that claim... I wanna see him really try for the last few races. I wanna see some racing rather than 3 guys at the front & the rest waiting for someone to fall off.

... do you really think it will happen?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

... do you really think it will happen?

Million dollar question?

I don't know, is the honest answer.

With Stoner out injured..can Ducati give Rossi, and Hayden, a bike that can mix it with an out of sorts Spies, Dovi, Cal, Alvaro and Bradl?

In terms of rider ability, which is kinda the point, Rossi can beat these guys..no question in my mind. He is not a crasher and I doubt there is a smarter racer out there. It is possible he could make 3rd his own. More upgrades are set to be introduced.

As Burgess has alluded to, Rossi will be aware of the significance if they can finish strong. It will put a shine on his tenure right at the end of what has been a torrid two years..it will underline their right to be pissed with Ducati and make the decision to leave..which was too early and driven by circumstances beyond their control.

Perhaps more importantly, it will give Ducati a massive boost and set them up to have more than just one rider challenging towards the front next year, on a bike that doesn't need the win or bin mentality to get results..which was the whole idea behind hiring Rossi and Co. in the first place.

As you say..it would be great for the fans and healthy for the sport.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices