Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: Aragon better test of Ducati progress

Ducati will be able to get a clearer understanding of whether recent chassis and swingarm improvements to its factory Desmosedici machine are a big step forward after this weekend’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP clash. Rossi scored his best ever dry race result with second at Misano earlier this month on a new chassis and swingarm package that delivered improved rear stability on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 September 2012 10:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Million dollar indeed...

Stoner's probably only out for one of the next 5 races (unless he's said otherwise recently)... & given he managed to finish 4th & over 30 secs in front of Rossi with a broken foot it's unlikely he'll be hindered by a foot that's well on it's way to full health. His penultimate lap at Indy, when the pain would have been worst, he was the fastest rider out there, as he was 3 laps earlier, but the positions were pretty much sorted out... it's unlikely that Rossi can match that even if he's found something new.

Come the race (& qualifying) I hope Rossi might have moved up from fighting with Bradl & Bautista to hanging onto Dovi & Cal's pace again which is where the podium could come... Dovi's had a few now... a mistake from a front runner could open the door... but as I said, how competitive can you claim for a 3rd place if it's way off the pace? I'd take more heart from a 4th or 5th if it was only a genuine few seconds back battling with the factory boys & ahead of one or both of the Tech 3 guys.

The flip side of a technical possibility of 3rd for Rossi (66 points up the table to Stoner) is a real possibility of 8th (5 points away, or -1 point a race to the 2 riders below him). He can't afford not to finish strongly.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Here's a thought.

At what point will Ducati no longer be able to rely on JB and VR's honest assessment of how to take the bike forward? Soon I would have thought because the last thing they want when they switch to Yamaha next year is to be finishing behind Ducatis!!!!

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

@Ivebeenthehero

Your dead right once they have gone they are left with there new number 2 rider Dovi!

a smoth rider on the duke like Dovi they will go down hill very very fast

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

I think.....

Someone needs a hug..... 

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

haha

'Stick to the woodwork classes kids'

says the only gay in the valleys, he loves playing with wood

as for the kids part wouldent put it past him

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Well now

Stick to the woodwork classes kids - leave engineering to the grown-ups.

As you're the engineering expert, we'd all be interested to see the engineering solution you came up with that allows you to have your head wedged far up your own arse, yet still see a keyboard to type your drivel - perhaps you have eye slots where your testicles once were

Oh yes.

In the CF design, the engine was the frame - and it's been rolled back.

The engine was a component that linked other frame components together, it was not 'the frame'.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Better had they !

Should have tested at Aragon alongside Yam and HRC. Sparkling insights provided by JB. Slow adaptation by Rossi exponentially compromised the bike. Anyway they are out of Ducati, thanks GP gods. Now. Would that the future world championships were based on 2 races. Those being Mugello and Misano. All hail JB/VR.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I think someone needs a slap..I'm free this Wednesday. Hahaha..

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Wosi,

Did anything come of that 'Wednesday Shenanigans' all those weeks ago?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What do you think BBB?

Benny has a crush on wosi and I was prepared to autograph his skull out of kindness but alas..it'll wait mind.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices