Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Kawasaki Ninja 300 First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Kawasaki Ninja 300

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: Kawasaki Ninja 300

EU laws change on 19 January replacing the 33bhp learner limit with 47bhp (and no more than 0.3bhp/kg), freeing up Kawasaki to make a more powerful entry-level sportsbike than its popular Ninja 250R. Though stopiing some way short of the new limits, the Ninja 300 promises to be a sporty, good-looking entry-level bike capable of high cruising speed and Kawasaki has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 September 2012 14:12)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

But you can't use it to sit the test

So you're going to do your training and tests on at least an old CB500, but more likely an NC700S, a restricted ER-6, and then choose to move back down to a 300 making substantially less power?

Well, good luck with that, Kawsaki, but Honda's upcoming CBR500 will be a more suitable and appealing bike for aspirant Power Rangers clutching a new A2 license.  And having stepped up from a Kwak GPz305 to a GPZ500, I know which bike size and capacity I'd go for now, no question.

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Agreed a ninja 400 twin would have made more sense

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

sound

I`d like to congratulate MCN on this one. That`s what I call a solid soundtrack. No idea who plays it but its totally ace. Cheers.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Rogerborg

Stepping up from a GPZ305 to a GPZ500 must have been a "One small step for man,  but one Giant leap for mankind".

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

BTW.....

That "Music" is F-----G W--k let's hear the B----Y Engine. (I'm Old BTW)

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

sniv

Fair dos mate, horses for courses. Like your profile photo btw, makes you look younger though!

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I agree with Snev, the music (if you want to call it that) is crap. But whats worse is bike companies kick starting the 250 class again and then the EU moves the goalposts. What price your secondhand 250 Ninja now? And call me old fashioned, but why a ZX10 look-alike? If you are new to biking, something a bit more conventional like a naked roadster is going to give you more confidence. No-one learns to ride like the guy in this video.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Of course, if you feel the need to compensate for something, a 500 won't cut it.  But in the context of this bike, I'm fairly well placed to note that the CBR500 is going to make it obsolete pretty much out of the gate.

Thanks for the reminder, SatNavSteve, I need to shift my 305 onto some sap who hasn't realised yet that anything in the 126cc - 399cc or sub 25kW range is about to become next to worthless.  At least I paid peanuts for it; premium priced Ninja 250 owners are going to get an unpleasant surprise when they try to sell their bikes next year.

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

'tis true. A lot of our research has shown that the youngsters aren't all that interested in sportsbikes. Far more interested in cruising around looking the part than doing 100+ ruining sliders (arguably a good thing for the image of biking to wider society?!).

Reply to this Topic
RageRider

Jan 11

RageRider says:

It's all marketing

I watched the first 27 seconds and then forwarded it to the last 27 seconds and it seemed a bit repetitive to me, also can't believe the ninja 300 looks just like the suzuki v strom 650......hang on a minute.....

Jokes aside I actually like the music but that's not actually the point really is it. It's just marketing. It's aimed at a younger "aggressive" market and the music and riding shown in the video are essentially trying to make a not especially cool or fast bike look just that, cool and fast.

Although with that said I quite like it and wouldn't have a problem riding it but at 35 I hardly think I'm their target audience and do struggle a bit to see the point of it in relation to the new licence laws etc. Furthermore it could've and or should've been lighter and or more powerful in relation to the new upcoming  licencing power to weight regs.

I think at it's current weight it could've had 41bhp or at it's current power of approx 38/39bhp it could have weighed approx 145kg as opposed to 155kg (without fuel and non ABS model.) 2bhp and 10kg aren't massive numberst but for a bike of this capacity, as a percentage of the bikes power and weight etc, they're significant numbers.

Kawasaki have done so much right here but it seems they've got some important things a bit wrong like where it fits in and also optiimising the bikes potential and subsequent appeal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices