Skip to content

Ask an Expert accident Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > accident

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply



Feb 09

Posts: 1

bwindmill says:


I had accident  on the 26/8/12 i was travelling along the a449 to Cardiff when i hit a number plate in the middle of the road causing me to lose control of bike resulting in me coming of my bike. all though my insurance company are pay for the damage to my bike i am have to pay the excess they will not make a claim against the owner of said number plate so with with me having to buy a new crash helmet and some new trousers although i damaged my coat it is still wearable and having to pay the excess. they say because the accident was my fault they won`t lend me a loan bike and having to wait until the 23 of October for the parts for bike to be repair i feel hard dome by as i have pay out £470 and i still waiting for my bike to be repaired. :mad:   

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 September 2012 15:07)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required


Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)


Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 



Apr 08

Posts: 3042

AdieR says:

I would

have thought it would have been covered by the Motor Insurers Bureau if it were down to an untraced vehicle - have you tried them?

Reply to this Topic


Apr 06

Posts: 367

ACIC says:

Accident with a number plate

Dear Bwindmill

I am sorry to hear about your accident.The insurer of the car registered to the number plate should compensate you. The MIB (Untraced Drivers' Agreement 2003 as AdieR has said) will pick up the tab for injuries and some financial losses but not for property damage unless you were sustained what they deem to be a "significant injury" - they define this as requiring 4 consecutive days inpatient treatment in hospital as a result of the accident. I suggest you speak to a lawyer to establish the extent of damage - to you and bike and property - and to see how best to pursue this.

Kind regards, Andrew Campbell, Bikelawyer Motorcycle Accident Solicitors.
Tel 01446 794169

Reply to this Topic


Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale


It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices