You are in... Forums > General > General > Mugello 2013

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

K4Dazzler

May 12

K4Dazzler says:

Mugello 2013

Hi, I want to go to Mugello Gp in '13. Im trying to convince my mate that its a good idea to go on the bikes. Am I Mad, will this be a great time or just a long, boring and very painful time?

Any advice welcome.

Cheers peeps.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (26 September 2012 22:53)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

Alright mate

All I can say is make sure you have enough days to ensure you're not sitting on motorways for 6 or 7 hours a day and you will have the best times of your lives!

I've done a few 'locals' like Le Mans and Assen but the best trip ever was Monza for the WSB in 2002.. Basically you wanna think about covering say 400 - 500 miles per day and trying to not use too much motorway. Get a good map of you're route and find some mountains.. there'll be great roads there.. you will inevitably have to use the odd motorway here and there but mix it up with plenty of twisties, stick a tent on the back or just use B&B's as you find/need them.

The biggest cost sadly will be fuel.. you will use a lot so budget for it.. and stay off the toll-motorways... they really add to the cost.

Truly mate the joy of being on a motorcycle road-trip with a good mate or 2 is second to none.. total freedom and a proper adventure!

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

how long for?...

will it be a fortnight away,or a frantic few days?

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Mugello 2013

I used to live in the mugello mountain region of italy and have ridden there (and back) from the UK a few times. You can do it in 2 days each way but you'll be thoroughly knackered for a day or 2 after each ride.

Toll roads in france and Italy can quickly add up (motorways, autostradas and also tunnels through mountains in the alps) and you will probably need a road vignette if you pass through switzerland. Add to that fuel cost, ferry/ eurotunnel ticket, overnight accommodation to get a realistic sense of cost.

The reality is that flying is much easier and cheaper but you loose the sense of adventure and a journey across europe can be a memory you'll remember for the rest of your life.

Reply to this Topic
K4Dazzler

May 12

K4Dazzler says:

Road trip

I have looked on the route planner and it sends me through the alps so I can only assume that these roads should be good. I originally wanted to go to the south of france then follow the coastal road up through monaco but this maybe a little boring just getting to the coast. Im not planning on using a tent, B&B all the way I think. I haven't worked out a budget yet, need to I suppose. Not sure on toll/fuel/b&b costs. How much are the tolls, are most of the french roads tolls? The trip will be 7-8 days long we'll see though.

Suppose firstly I need to convince my mate though.

Cheers

Daz

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

As

Spondy says..

I took 2 days for Monza and was very tiring.. 3 days would be perfect for north Italy. Yes.. The Alps are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! to ride around..  :laugh:

If I was going I'd be heading toward Dijon, then onto Geneva.. The road round the lake is amazing, as Spondy says if you pass thru Switzerland you'll have to buy a vignette (a years road tax!!!) It's not mega-pricey but an unecessary expense.

Witht the tolls they only charge in sections called 'peage'.. It will be about 6 or 7 euros per section but you never know ones coming until you're there at the booths and you can't turn around so stay off them mainly if you can.. although they're great for munching a few miles if you're running behind... As I said tho it's really the fuel that will cost.. A full tabk's gonna get you about 110 - 130 miles.. plus you'll wanna crank it up a bit on the twisties.. prob gonna be 250-300 quid!!

Oh.... and watch out for the filth... THEY WILL CONFISCATE YOUR BIKE.. If you take the piss!

You won't regret riding there tho!   :wink:

Reply to this Topic
CoopsIOM

Dec 09

CoopsIOM says:

Mugello 2013

Go for it.  Three of us did the trip in 2011 and had a fantastic time. Take 3 days to travel down from north europe (France, Holland etc) as we did it in 2 and it was knackering. The worst stretch was Milan > Bologna but every where else was brilliant.  We stayed overnight in Southern Germany (Black Forest) and then camped a couple of miles away from the circuit...too mad to camp in the circuit itself.  I would love to do it again but its difficult to get every one to commit but it also clashes with TT week this year.  being a Manxie I can't miss that one:biggrin:

You will really love the whole experience..do it mate

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices