Skip to content

Discuss This Rider deaths down General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Rider deaths down

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Rider deaths down

Motorcycle fatalities fell 10% last year according to latest government figures. It’s the second year in a row of improvement after a fall of 15% in 2010. Rider deaths were down 33% in 2011 compared to the average number killed per year from 2005-2009.  The motorcycle fatality rate – taking into account miles travelled by bike – was down even...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (27 September 2012 16:07)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
blueeyes

Aug 02

blueeyes says:

"you can never tell how a horse is going to react to any noise"---so it makes sense to take it out on a very busy A-Road---??????  Why should other road users be denied its use because their choice of ride has its own mind and is not mechanical?

Oh and Blue-eyes---havnt you ever travelled over national speed limit? ( and where did I mention he didnt deserve the ban)---are you saying anyone who does 104 in a 60 deserves a ban--or anyone who does 104 in a 60 "and gets caught" deserves a ban--where do you stand exactly?  Yes I have but not at 100 in a 60, and everyone who does a 100 in a 60 or 70 deserves a ban.   In fact,  above 30 in a 20, above 45 in a 30, above 60 in a 40, above 75 in a 50,  above 90 should be banned.  The road infrastructure including the condition of maintenance in the UK is not suitable for these speeds

The whole point of the post is simply--was his penalty exacerbated by the presence of a horse---indeed what would have been without a horse :-DDD----so theres no need for unpleasentries--oh and the speed was apparently before the said horse--and hes not a bad rider--he saw the "possible" threat--checked his mirror and reduced his speed--- Yes it was exacerbated by the presence of a horse, but if he was riding that fast and was unawhere of the horse and rider than he, in my opionon is not paying attention to the road ahead, he didn't see her until it was too late.

I have been on the receiving end of drivers going too fast  end was left in the middle of road by some twat who knocked me off my bicycle and then had the decency to leave the scene,  That left me with 40 stitches in my face.  The police estimated his speed as 85 mph in a 40 zone.

I commute 250 miles each to work on my SV1000, but I don't go above 85. 

I never speed in a 20-40 zone.  The other limits depending on the conditions and traffic I do speed.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Snev, I saw this and thought of you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWptPCY_uOw

Please don't view before eating!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Billysollocks

That even made me feel sick to be honest. Why would you keep an Oyster up yer Nose ?

Reply to this Topic
TNTbikes

Sep 12

TNTbikes says:

Its good news that there is reduction in death rate :). Hope one day it comes to 0% from 10%.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Snev, I have no idea......by the way, what's a bigamist?

A thick Italian fog.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

billysollocks

"Doyoulickalotapus"

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

ohhh

http://www.sportmotor.hu/motoros_videok/poen/bocsanatnem-vettelek-eszre-107902

snort---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Careful what you wish for, TNTbikes

There's a very simple way to get the bike death rate down to 0, and it would have relatively little effect on the economy.  ACPO Plc are on record as calling bikes "irrelevant toys".

Remember, the goal of "Visual Zero" is to achieve 0 deaths by any means necessary.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Hi Rogerborg, I agree because, somewhat unsuprisingly, ACPO Plc are  out of touch with society and policing, yet wield an awful lot of misguided power. They could well decide to help reduce the casualty rate be helping to legislate us all off the road in conjunction with the government, such is their toadying stance. 

Reply to this Topic
tchaunche11

Oct 12

tchaunche11 says:

People need to remember to make complete looks! Now if we could only rely on other drivers.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle