Skip to content

HONDA Honda CRF250L vs rivals: At a glance CRF250

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CRF250 > Honda CRF250L vs rivals: At a glance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CRF250L vs rivals: At a glance

The recent launch of Honda’s back to basics CRF250L has brought back fond memories in the MCN office. It’s not often that a sub 25hp motorbike gets us excited, but this is a real world machine, that will give anyone with the slightest inclination for off-road a bike that will deliver performance and classic days out for years. In comparison to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 September 2012 14:31)

Post a message in CRF250

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
stevielad

Jan 10

stevielad says:

Could you tell me which country the CRF250L is made?

I have a CBF250 made in Brazil and the finish and fittings of my bike are poor.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet....

Is that you in the picture?

Reply to this Topic
jack_knows

Mar 06

jack_knows says:

It weighs how much!!!

Reply to this Topic
TNTbikes

Sep 12

TNTbikes says:

wow these bikes are so cool and rough and tough :D

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Fat b#stards!

Check out the weight of the Japanese bikes. I appreciate Reiju are saving money using lower grade materials but 40kg makes a big difference. Based on figures alone I'd bet the Reiju is actually the quicker bike of the three!

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Stevelad - CRF is made in Thailand. The quality is reasonable but it doesn't have things like a folding gear change lever which pukka off roaders have. It costs about £2,600 there. I have a 1993 XLR250R which has more power and torque than the CRF, weighs 130kgs fully fuelled, has adjustable suspension etc. so tbh, the CRF is a budget Honda. But still good.

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Is the future a backward step

My KLR250 from 1986 was 117kg and 28BHP so how can this ever be considered a development (and the KLR was MASSIVELY underpowered for road use). The future seems to be a monumental step backwards so how can this ever encourage new blood in to the biking world.

STOP MAKING BIKES FOR EURO POLITICIANS AND MAKE SOMETHING FUN THAT CAN AT LEAST ACCELERATE ADEQUATELY UP A SLOPE!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

spondonste..

YOU COULD BE ONTO SOMETHING. CHECK OUT MCN'S REVIEW OF MY OLD DR350... MCN overall verdict Suzuki’s dirt-simple dirt plugger is the bedrock on which green-laning is based. Simple, rugged and cheap the Suzuki DR350 is an easy motorcycle to own forever. It’s got its faults – a poor finish, weedy engine and a few too many kilos, but it’s endearing and enduring. If you're buying a Suzuki DR350, make sure you get a post-1995 electric start version. NOW CHECK OUT THE SPECIFICATION... Specifications Top speed 75mph 1/4-mile acceleration 15.1 secs Power 30bhp Torque 22ftlb Weight 118kg SO A 20 YEAR OLD BIKE (ON PAPER) LOOKS BETTER THAN THE LATEST OFFERINGS FOR GREEN LANING, WORK THAT ONE OUT!!!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Be Serious for a Moment

All you wankers going on about 20+ year old, air-cooled 2-strokes being lighter and faster need to get a clue; there is absolutely no way those bikes could be made to meet current EU (or similar) emissions standards.

@ snev – Nope. I have a 2010 Yamaha TW200 which I purchased with 1.6 miles on the clock for the equivalent of £1,800.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Bike Knowledge?

Piglet there has been no mention of any 2 stroke bikes until your comment. We are talking 4 strokes here. These new offerings are heavy and underpowered. If you look at a Suzuki DR-Z400S (4 stroke) in comparison, which is still in production and meeting modern emission requirements, you have a bigger capacity bike that weighs less (@133kg) than either the Honda or the Kawasaki on test here. As you would expect it is more powerful (39bhp), but costs little or no more at £4,199. It's horses for courses I suppose but I know where my money would go!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices