Skip to content

General thoughts ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > thoughts ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thoughts ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (28 September 2012 18:50)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

not really about horse lovers....

or not vulcan...We don't wish them any harm,but what we are saying is that this bike was in full view of the horse for quite a distance and passed safely on the opposite carriageway (probably slowing) as it did so...Horses are generally frightened by sudden movements up close and noises behind them.....this is like saying,'the defendant was holding a loaded shot gun. If he had tripped he could have killed someone'.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"these guys have skill, real skill"

indeed... no arguement there, but they're the Rossi's,Dunlop's and pastrana's of the equine world not your average 13 year old girl on a ridding school hack.

At least if you get bored you've something to eat.:wink::smile

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Funny really

as i was brought up on a small farm/smallholding and we had a horse which we used to ride out on, but i was always ridding around on a Honda with this thought at the back of my mind. If horses are as intelligent as people say, why do they let you ride them?.Zebra's are less obliging i'm told.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Horse.

I asked a horse-riding friend at work what would be best when I come upon a horse in the road and it gets a bit twitchy. Should I stop well back and let the horse-rider regain full control, or slip past quietly and get out of its sight. She said it depends on the horse.
:huh:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Please don't feel I'm anti-horse Vulc,

I barely mentioned it on the basis that I could see little evidence of any risk in the video, I've spent a good many years in handling horses although not a lot of riding to be honest. Perhaps I should qualify my statements in that width of road, noise of machiney/vehicle, behaviour of animal and rider and other factors are as important as speed of passing, frequently I have slowed to a crawl/stopped/switched off engine etc, depending on what I see before me, if not going silly speed it's quite possible to see a horse tense up or a rider getting a bit nervous/wobbly. Some horse are virtually immune to disturbance, some will go up the hedge if they see a crisp packet the other side of the road, depends who's on the saddle then!

Yep everybody has the right to be out on the road, but all need to behave in appropriate manner.

oh and my main point in my last post (which I didn't really state) was it seems very unlikely he passed at anything like stated speed, very suspect video in my opinion :huh:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Oh by the way, we have

a known idiot around here at a racing stables who insists on taking skittish horses down the road and then waving his riding crop at passing traffic, think sooner or later someone will tie it round his neck :laugh:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

smoto your not talking about

Adventure bike riders are you poke.gif :lol::lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

Pleanty of anti-bike

rhetoric in the world. Rarely seem to starve them of ammunition though do we?

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Vulcanrider

you.... hunting..... er........ I dunno...

... git?

As you may have guessed I struggle to care but I'm disappointed that I'm so drunk that I can't think of any abuse.... yet not drunk enough to spell everything wrong.

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Sea horses.

"A horse masters course with the Royal Navy."
:unsure:

Ah, join the armed forces, learn a trade, etc. Tax payers pay.

:lol::blink:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices