Skip to content

General thoughts ? General

You are in... Forums > General > General > thoughts ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

thoughts ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 September 2012 18:50)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Loss.

When I hear the phrase, "I'm ex-forces," I think, "And...?"

Heck, I work hard. Where's my sponsored, unrelated leisure activity? Oh, the company can't afford it.

If fatalities are a pre-requisite maybe nurses should get horse-riding lessons too.

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Liking the logic james

How about train drivers who witness suicides. paramedics and firefighters who suffer abuse on false callouts? Mmmmm, think it's more to do with swearing allegiance to the sovereign and willingness to forgo your own life for the upper classes who don't give a shite about us :blink:

Reply to this Topic
jonny68

Mar 09

jonny68 says:

recless riding

After giving this a bit more thought, I do wonder whether there should be more legislation regarding the use of horses on the public highway. At the present time horse riding and cycling are on a par when it comes to using the roads. Baring in mind the wieght and sometimes unpredictability of these magnificent animals surely there should be safegaurds in place.

My personal reccomendations are :

Age restriction when unaccompanied by an adult rider.

Cumpulsory basic trainning (cbt) Roadcraft

Cumpulsory third party insurance

When you think a moped rider has to have all of these components to be entitled to ride on the public highway, I fail to see why horse riders shouldn't be the same. These animals can be dangerous in inexperianced hands, ridden on public roads surely demands evidence of profficiency.

My daughter is a fanatical horse rider and when she started venturing onto the roads during hacks with the local stable I insisted that she did her road safety certificate. I took her to the day course and was there long enough to see the level of precuations taken when using the public highway.In addition to the helmet they had to wear body armour, A hi-viz tabbard and white gloves for clear hand signals. Viewing the intial video on this topic the rider appears to have taken minimal precautions for their safety. The road network is a busy place and I think horse riders need to be a bit more switched on with regard to safety before they start jumping up and down about motorists and bikers shortfalls.

End of lesson. :smile 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices