Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to attack for podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to attack for podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to attack for podium

Ben Spies has vowed to throw more caution to the wind in tomorrow’s Motorland Aragon race in a bid to score his first podium in the 2012 MotoGP world championship. The Texan admitted taking a cautious approach in Misano earlier this month just to ensure he finished after a nightmare run of bad luck contributed to him not finishing the previous...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (29 September 2012 15:59)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

try 2 understand

I  have never said Spies has been a contender this season but it really gets to me when individuals on here start to slag and put down top world class riders basically to try to wind up one Spies fan.
ccb if you do race a bike you should have half an idea of the level all these guys are at and there is no shame by finishing fifth behind 2 tech 3 bikes which are almost identical in power to the factory bikes.
No Spies has not gelled with the bike this season but a lot of the problems have not been his fault.
Do you understand the pressure he has been under?
I have never been a big fan of Spies but I don't like any top rider being heavily criticized for having a tough season.
Please tell me where I have said Spies was the real deal or  ever a real contender for the championship? As a matter of fact I was one of few that said he would not make it at GP level so please try to get your facts right before spouting complete bollox.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

just for u ccb

PROOF........and as usual havin a go at elbows.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?topic-id=412377&message-id=4514721&__ia=message4514721#message4514721

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bigger Picture Buelli

For three years ive listened to the press and many people on here babble on about how Spies was an alien before he'd even thrown a leg over a bike. His results with decent at times didnt show anything to me that marked him in the same class as Lorenzo, Pedrosa etc.

Many factors account for that in my mind, his career being formed on production based racers and championships won against rider who were never good enough to compete at world level.

The rider who do reach that elite group have come through the GP system and are the very best in the world. The acid test of how good Spies trully is was how he faired against them.

He has proven that he does deserve to race at this level but in mine and many others opinions its on satelite bike or CRT at best. The fact he's being othered good rides over more deserving riders because of his passport ,does not sit well with me.

It seems it ok to ridicule Rossi ,Dovi ,crutchlow as not good enough or past it, but wrong to point out the truth about Spies????

To be the best in the world ,youve got to be able to get results on tracks you dont like, handle the pressure and smile. Spies has failed on all the above.

When ive used reasonable debate to discuss this with his more rabbid fans ive been abused, call names etc. Now my points are well proven, where's the ' sorry CCB you were right after all, i,l be a man and admit i got it wrong' . No its live in denial and bleat about how badly he's been treated etc. Sad very sad.

You were the one that attacked me mate so i replied in kind, if you look ive stated on more than one occasion Spies is a worthy GP racer whos place sits roughly where he's finished today but nothing more. Anyone who argues any different is blind and live on hope rather than fact.

I dont see what wrong in my opinion or what is biast or untrue just to rubbish Spies in anyway, but no doubt the morons will tell me im wrong

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

I agree

with most of what you say entirely.
The reason I attacked you was cos you called Spies a poor deluded fool.
To me that is extremely harsh and not necessary and the man is certainly no fool and far from deluded.
Yes some of his fans may well be but that's no reason to slag the man himself and that was my only criticism.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Its ok Buelli

Fair point, i just tire of the one eyed fan boy posters in here, and drop to their level at times....

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

OK

I understand I think we all say things we don't really mean sometimes but we all love bike racing!(I think)

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

buell - your link only goes to show the rather rabid and mispaced enthusiasm for Spies.  i too have been on the receiving end of the rancid postings of a certain fan-boy on here, as CCB will confirm.  i too have nothing against Spies, i just can't find much about the fella to inspire me.  his public persona is a bit too nice, unlike his unprofessional use of social media.  2013 could be a make or break season in MotoGP for Spies if he harbours a long term career at the highest level

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices