You are in... Forums > General > General > F*ck the IAM

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

zmike

May 12

zmike says:

F*ck the IAM

If you can stand the self-righteous stuff they feed you and if they they say you have to overtake every car in sight regardless of how you feel at the time, and if you can live with only putting your right leg down when you come to a stop then the IAM is for you.

Don't get me wrong, I passed the Advanced test but I got fed up with being dictated to. I am not stupid!! IAM do one.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 September 2012 22:08)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

IAM

correct me if i'm wrong , bit of a long shot this , you aint happy with them then?

Reply to this Topic
nashy1

Apr 11

nashy1 says:

IAM

I agree, I am all for training but why overtake every car you come to, yes sometimes you feel like pushing on but if you tired or just feel like plodding whats wrong with that. I ve been put off traing with IAM for this very reason.

Reply to this Topic
zmike

May 12

zmike says:

Don't get me wrong

Looking back I may seem a tad harsh - and I did learn a lot. But the 'holier than thou' attitude stinks.

My advice is don't bother - get some proper training from independant instructors (no, I am not one).

Top IAM tip - "on approaching right-handers get the bike as far left as you can - into the kerb as if gives you more vision"

And punctures - f off.

Or "always put your right leg down at a stop. There is no finer sight than seeing a row of bikers with their right legs down" I wish I was joking. :wacko:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

right leg

What`s this right leg bullshat when your stopped?

Reply to this Topic
zmike

May 12

zmike says:

jaffa

Was told that you should only put your right leg down when the bike is stationary.

Dead true.

IAM tip.

F*ck em

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Right leg down?

When I passed my test, it was left foot down and right foot covering the back brake.

I've heard of the left-foot-down being referred to as the "safe" way (presumably due to it being the side normally furthest from traffic).

Reply to this Topic
nashy1

Apr 11

nashy1 says:

Which Leg ?

I was told this right leg thing too, trouble is ive allways used my left leg as i like to cover the back brake and now its just so natural that it feels odd to do it their way.  I will stick to my way thanks

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

leg

If your stopped with the right leg down your leaning into the traffic,

back in the 70`s and my newly acquired enfield with the gearchange on the right (correct side),i can stop with my left leg down ready to engage 1st gear.

With Jap bikes i put both feet down.:tongue: 

Reply to this Topic
zmike

May 12

zmike says:

The point is

When you come to a stop you put whatever leg down. Whatever feels SAFE. Left leg, right leg, both legs. Whatever. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Biking is the BEST, but have a plan B. ie dont go for a gap if you know it isn't there.

And love and respect your bike.

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

left leg down...

you could be left off balance if it's a severe camber on the road.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices