Skip to content

Ask an Expert bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems

hi there, 6 months ago i bought an 09 gsxr 750 from a republe dealer with 9000 miles on the clock. 6 months on i bought the bike in for its first service having done 6000 on it. The mechanic lioked over the bike for me and found that the front spindle had been o er tightend causing the front bearings to be damaged, the front disks were warped. the headstock and headrace bearings had callapsed and thst i would neef a new clutch. iv since taken it too another dealers mechanic that have said the same. i wanted to know if this is plausable wear on such a new bike or whether the dealer i bought it off could be held responsiblek? surly all this shouldnt have happend in the 6000 miles iv had it? im not a hard rider.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 September 2012 17:35)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

sorry for grammer

i apologise for bad spelling or grammer but the flash player on my phone seems to be playing up.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

problems

Was there a written warranty on the bike? 

Reply to this Topic
nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

3 months

3 months only  

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

wheel bearings....

How can the front wheel bearings be damaged by overtightening the front wheel spindle??? :ph43r: Unless someone has left out the spacer between the bearings. Have you had the wheel bearings out? 

Reply to this Topic
nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

yeh

yeah they had buckled 

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

?

How do you mean?

Reply to this Topic
nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

just wanted to know

all i want to know is in 6000 miles is it possible for wheel bearings, head stock and headrace bearings as well as clutch bearings to go? including disks to warp or were these possiblie problrms the dealer could have known about when selling the bike?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

bearings

Apart from the clutch bearings (lack of oil changes:unsure:),the other bearings can be damaged by power washing or lack of wheel balancing.

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Not impossible

that there was damage to start with - sporty bikes sometimes get a hard life. Indeed, it's not impossible the last owner flogged it because he'd given it a hammering.

Did you test ride the bike before purchase? How fully did you inspect the bike before buying?

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Gixxer probs

Did you not notice the shagged headrace bearings and knackered discs when you were riding it??

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle