Skip to content

Ask an Expert bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems Legal

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nattgsxr750

Sep 12

nattgsxr750 says:

bought 09 gsxr 750 but having problems

hi there, 6 months ago i bought an 09 gsxr 750 from a republe dealer with 9000 miles on the clock. 6 months on i bought the bike in for its first service having done 6000 on it. The mechanic lioked over the bike for me and found that the front spindle had been o er tightend causing the front bearings to be damaged, the front disks were warped. the headstock and headrace bearings had callapsed and thst i would neef a new clutch. iv since taken it too another dealers mechanic that have said the same. i wanted to know if this is plausable wear on such a new bike or whether the dealer i bought it off could be held responsiblek? surly all this shouldnt have happend in the 6000 miles iv had it? im not a hard rider.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 September 2012 17:35)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

GSXR Issues

Wear on the items you have listed is not like flicking a switch - it is gradual.  Therefore, it is quite possible that a lot of these parts could have well worn & near the end of their service life but good enough to outlast the warranty the dealer put on the bike.  As these items have failed outside the warranty there is no coverage and it would be very difficult for you to prove that the issuues were there when the bike was purchased.  After all, something as serious as warped discs are hardly going to go unnoticed.  Having said that, it is possible all these items can be wrecked in six months if the bike is treated sufficiently badly.  (No relfection on you or your riding - just a fact)   

Your best chance for getting something out of the dealer would have been to have a discussion with them while they still had the bike in for service.  You could have asked for their comment on why the bike had so many issues when only six month earlier it was considered fit for sale and perhaps they may have been pressured into doing something for you.    

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices