Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies disappointed to miss podium MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies disappointed to miss podium

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Ben Spies disappointed to miss podium

Ben Spies is still waiting to score his first podium finish in 2012 after he was unable to match the pace of Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso in a battle for the top three at the Motorland Aragon yesterday. The Texan held third for the opening three laps before German Stefan Bradl swept by, only for the LCR Honda rider to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 10:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Next excuse next year ?

Looks like he will have some formidable competition next year From the. CRTs Look forward to that

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Didn't deserve the podium

Didn't deserve the podium in my eyes. Spies made far too many mistakes on the better bike out of the 3 riders. Dovi and Cal looked the more hungrier in the race to get on the podium. To ride in a factory team, you need to be beating riders on lesser machinery and for Spies he hasn't been able to do that unforuntatly. Spies has had valid excuses this year but theres no excuse for this race, he was just beaten by better riders.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

HmmmmmRevflobshoite feck off bitch.

As for Spies it was good he finished the race but I am more disappointed with the end result 5th and getting beat by the satellite bikes again can't defend the guy anymore I've had enough.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Hmmmmmmm

Dovi ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzYarp !

Reply to this Topic
alex1212

Aug 10

alex1212 says:

spies did excatly what he needed,move to a B secondary team were his talent matches the bike

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fairplay.

Brutally honest with himself for a change.

Maybe there is hope for the kid.

It's been a tough year for Speez, I genuinely hope he can podium at least once..giving him some much needed confidence going forward to Ducati. He'll need it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Its was a good race by Spies

But brutally exposed his true standing at this level, not as fast as either of the tech3 boys or bradl, . Hes a a solid top ten rider at best, The dream is over Ben, sorry mate.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Spies finished?

You may be right CCB but probably because he is off to Ducati rather than anything else.
It is a strange situation at the moment with Ben and it is not so clear why he has not produced better results.
Maybe he is not up to it but I think it is more the fact that CC and AD are riding so well on bikes that are more or less the same as the factory bike.
Remember Ben had better results with the Tech 3 bike as did Edwards compared to the factory machines.
Also he has had his fair share of bad luck and it cant't be easy watching Lorenzo's results week in week out.
I am not a Spies fan but hope he manages to improve before the end of the season and I hope he can gel with the dreaded Duke.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The dreaded Duke might just be the bike for Spies and his riding style IMO if he gets good results on the Ducati it will certainly make Rossi look like a fool.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

GYTR

The only reason Spies will do any better than Rossi on the Duke is if the bike is vastly improved.
Spies is a fantastic rider but not in the same league as Rossi and the only place VR will be called a fool will be on this forum.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices