Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa not counting on Stoner support MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa not counting on Stoner support

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Dani Pedrosa not counting on Stoner support

Dani Pedrosa says he won’t be relying on the return of factory Honda teammate Casey Stoner to help him capture a maiden MotoGP world title in 2012. The Spaniard got his title tilt back on track with a crucial win in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon race. But with main rival Jorge Lorenzo collecting an easy second, the deficit in the championship chase remains...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

pedro

dont think moaner will race again anyway, and if he did no way he will want to finish 2nd.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Don't hold your breath..

I woudn't bet on him playing the teamster.

However, it would be a great opportunity to prove most people wrong thinking he's a moaning, self-centred little oik with no class.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

wosi

....same could be said of Flossi...LOL. Difference is pampers hasnt been fighting for a world championship in two years...ouch!! hahahaha

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I woudn't bet on him playing the teamster.

Why should he or any rider play the 'teamster'. What merit is there in having a win handed to you because another rider has purposely gone slower to let you win. None. To win with merit, you have to beat everyone else, a rider in the same team included. I hate the term team-mate. It's a rider's championship. Do you seriously think you could feel any acheivement if you were being soundly beaten but your 'team-mate' slows up to let you through to win. How false do you feel standing on the top step - witness Schumacher 2002..

Pedrosa at least has the right attitude

You win a championship because you are overall better than the others, not because you get any help from anyone. Casey is a winner and I would not ask him for anything like this.

The only way Stoner could help Pedrosa is if Pedrosa genuinely wins the race and Stoner finishes in front of Lorenzo. Genuinely, not contrived.

There is no merit in hand-me-down gifted wins. You 'win' nothing.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

No certainty

Casey will be back for the next race, or if he is fast enough, to get in front of Lorenzo in the first place, because it's a nasty injury and he's not one of the strongest guys to come back in winning form, so that's a tough decision for the missus to make for him.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

yes i can just picture it now

Stoner on the last lap in the lead at Philip island, he looks back and pulls over to let Dani take the win, Then Ellison finishes third on the should be doin' Bird CRT bike , all seems perfectly possible

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Motegi

Dani is razor sharp with the RCV right now. If Stoner even makes it to FP1 at Motegi there is no gaurantee that he will be up to the pace of the 2 Spaniards immediately. HRC will allow them to just race as they have since forever. HRC will want that home win and to hell with who gets it.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Hmmm When I want your opinion

I will give it to you !, Someone said you have the brains of an idiot BennyDivvy but I cannot agree ,I am sure the idiot took them back

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Honda

Dani winning the next 4 races is quite possible. Since the new Honda came out they have won 4 out of 5. If Dani had started from the front at Misano it probably would of been 5 out of 5. Honda are in it to win it. Why do you think Bradl just got an upgrade. To take points off Lorenzo. If he had stayed on he may well of caught Lorenzo and made his second not so easy.

Lorenzo knows he can't afford a slip up. He had that big moment at Aragon. But if he rides for the Championship he'll find Bradl on his tail and Stoner as well. If Dani rides well I don't think recovering Casey would beat him anyway but he may be fit enough to give Lorenzo something to worry about and with Dani in the best form of his career one D.N.F. and the titles gone.

Japan is a stop go circuit and will suit the Honda. Malaysia fast with the two slow corner, fast straights. Again Honda. But Australia and Valencia both tighter twisty tracks ( but in different ways ) should suite the Yamaha more.

Hi Mr Stoner, this is Mr Honda. As you're retiring this year how would you like a big pension, if you could just give Jorge a little nudge....

Hi Mr Bautista......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices