Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

"I was a bit faster than Rea"...

Yes, in the braking zone you idiot!

In layman's terms, "I forgot to operate that lever on the right side handlebar thingy at the appropriate time".

We know he knows his fans are fkng dumb, but that's taking the piss.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yup...

... later in the race they were drifting out & onto the paint as well at that corner & that move by Rossi would have put him on the astroturf & out. An odd mistake from someone with Rossi's experience... if he'd cut to the inside he'd most probably have pulled it up... possibly caught out by the extra speed from the double slip-stream & cold brakes/tyres... & Rea sensibly not wanting to bin it on the 1st lap.

His last few sentences are odd... he was way off the pace of Dovi & Cal running similarly to Rea & Bautista, his fastest laps were in getting past the CRT's then he slowed once he got into clear air. I won't even speculate on his "better riders than me" bit.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Typical Mick..

Val's being diplomatic.

Novice Rea has ridden like this before with dire consequenses. If not for the skill and lightening reflexes befitting a nine time champ and walking legend..Jonny's jollyday jaunt from WSB with The Honda family - puke - would have had a sticky and ignominious end.

No doubt Val had a quiet but menacing word in the Gents..through gritted teeth while gently squeezing the Ulstermans cold-sweating, shrivelled plums.

Has this kid ever won anything? Don't think we''ll see him back in a hurry..bye-bye John and good luck defending 5th place in WSB. The bike flattered you.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

What?

...why would Val be diplomatic?... he openly criticises his own team but he won't criticise a newbie who he'll probably never meet on track again riding for a manufacturer he'll probably never ride for again... & to what purpose... to fool all his fans into thinking he makes mistakes & to make make Yamaha wonder if they made the right choice? What could he possibly gain from being diplomatic, & what would he lose from telling it how it was, if the truth was different?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Wosi

A bit unfair that isn't it?

JR wasn't really at fault yesterday, Rossi was at fault for trying to go around the outside.  How was JR to know Rossi was going to try and do that?  Without mirrors and a life-saver I would think it would be pretty impossible.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

VR missed his braking point...

Not a hard thing to do, considering the lack of dry, sunny weather testing, coldish tyres and the heat of the moment. No ones fault, that's racing.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Adie..

Of course it's unfair..but like all the best stories, there is an element of truth floating around somewhere.

Dirty?..I'd have gone up behind him while he was taking a pish, slammed his forehead into the the tiles and said summats like.."Not so brave without your crash helmet on, are you?"..then tap danced my Dainese's all over his bollocks. 

Par for the course round this neck pal..it ain't the valley's in springtime and a free lunch.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

lost bmx

sounds like someone has lost his bmx again.loser.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Foreplay?

I'm surprised you know how to spell the word?..least that's the impression I got from from some of the neglected Welsh ladies I associated with while working there.

Do you spend all your handouts at the leisure centre?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Try..

coming off benefits and being comfortable spending other people's money you haven't earned, getting out of bed and not being a useless cunt..and you might, only might, have a chance.

Fkin loser. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle