Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

Wossi

Wow. Typical blinkered Rossi fan. HE makes a mistake, admits it, then people like you spout utter shite in defense of your hero. He admitted he made a mistake, why can't you admit that he made a mistake? As for your ridiculous "I'd have gone up behind him while he was taking a pish, slammed his forehead into the the tiles" comment.... yeah, real tough of you to do that, you're a real warrior. And don't come back with the ridiculous "benefits" comments, that says more about you than it does anyone else.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hodge..

What are you doing at home today?..

Or are you getting paid for pretending to work on somebody else's time?

Rea moved over a good 10 foot from the inside, without warning, straight onto Val's line, who was braking hard from over 200mph and bashed him off circuit. If I'd have done that to you on your Mum's Raleigh Wisp with camera evidence, you'd have had me in court.

Are you Welsh too?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ripper50

Sep 12

ripper50 says:

Racing Incident

Racing incident - end of thread

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh dear Wosi

Have you tangled a little too much with the Woodpecker last night? Sounds like you have an angry little woodpecker inside your head knocking lumps out of the old grey matter this morning.

Rossi made an amateur's mistake and should have seen being squeezed to the kerb coming a mile off. Too anxious to follow Hayden through.

As for sorting Rea out afterwards, you must realise the outcome should a handbag twirling Italian try to grab a hard Ulsterman from behind by the balls. And remember the outcome last time he visited someone's garage after a race - he seems to have learned from that lesson at least.

Ultimately it didn't spoil his race, he only had the pace for where he finished. The comments about taking his pace to the last lap are a bit mystifying - seeing as his pace had dropped off over the last half dozen laps.

Your criticism of Rea seems unecessarily harsh, given the running time he's had on the bike.

Reply to this Topic
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

Wossi

Actually genius, I work for myself and I'm not at home... I'm in the office I OWN, not that that's relevant or any of your business. 10 foot?! hahaha and I bet you have "10 inches" swinging between your legs (well, forehead). He moved very slightly (not knowing Rossi was there) and ROSSI HIMSELF admitted that it was his own error, not Rea's. I'm not even a particularly big Rea fan but he did a good job on a bike he'd never even seen before and people like you making shit up just to have something to say piss me and most other people off. Your bycycle comment is stupid, racers know the risks and Rossi has put FAR worse moves on people in the past (and I'm talking intentional block passes, not just moving to get a better line). Besides my Mum has a Penny Farthing. And no, I'm not Welsh and don't know what you're referring to or why that would be relevant. Why, Are you a racist?

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Imagine the tantrum...

...that would have been thrown if the RCV's rightful owner was in control of it when Rossi pulled that move. I doubt we'd have heard the end of it for a very long time.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No..I'm not racist, far from it. I'm just jousting with Benny - aka Hmmm - who is Welsh and has a problem with the English.

Glad to hear you're a trier, very trying no doubt, and work for yourself..which ain't particularly easy at the moment, is it pal? I'll ask for Benny..Have you any YTS spots going at the minute?

Very slightly my arse Bodge..have you been to specsavers lately?

Reply to this Topic
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

Ah ok, I'm proudly English myself. I am good at what I do, so I'm doing alright thanks, but appreciate your concern. (my colleagues would probably agree with you about the "trying" bit, by the way. hahaha no, no YTS spots I'm afraid. Ok, it was a bit more than slightly, but it still wasn't "10 foot" and my point is he didn't do it deliberately to take Rossi out. Rea is a hard rider, but no worse than many others, Rossi included, I just think you're blowing it out of all proportion, especially since Rossi has admitted it was his mistake.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bodge..

Well..I was talking to your Mrs the other day and she said you weren't particularly good at what you're supposed to do?

Take a look at this and tell me slightly again..btw, welcome to the wonderful wacky world at MCN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14t1M_e95pQ

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Rea moved over a good 10 foot from the inside, without warning, straight onto Val's line"

Yep... I'd have said 3 metres which is about right... watch Dani & Jl in the race & they're about 2 or 3m in from the kerb where it starts, moving out in the same way, but right the way onto the paint before tipping in. Anyone foolish enough to try a pass on the outside or who'd missed their braking mark would have been punted off the circuit by JL or would have broken Dani's collarbone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices