Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"He's getting beaten by a man who's won nothing in MotoGP "

Erm... he was 2nd up until he broke his foot... when Rossi broke his leg he was already being beaten by someone on the same bike who'd "won nothing" for only 2 years... a relative rookie. Similarly he went on to finish 3rd (similarly behind the no-hoper you just described). What does that proove? He broke his leg... people who don't break limbs go on to score points at the next round. By your measure Rossi doesn't appear to advanced his skills since 2009. A bit longer than Stoner's 4 months away from the top slot.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're babbling again H5.

I think you are saying Stoner was 2nd when he crashed under pressure, an important part of the game and something he's never come to terms with, when in actual fact he was 3rd..behind a team mate who's never brought home the bacon he was paid to do.

I hardly think Jorge being 9pts in front of Rossi after just three races in 2010 constitutes the same thing, though many a bias fanboy has tried to infer this was the reason Rossi broke his leg. Funny how the world turns isn't it? Throwing back circumstances that have far greater bearing and relevance on matters of pressure and failure to deliver than said protagonist could ever imagine..Karma?

Good effort Nostro but..all the fanboy excuses under the sun can't hide the fact, Dani has won nothing in 7 years AND Casey was getting beaten by him. Bashing on about Rossi in an attempt to deflect only confirms what a sad act you really are.

What's 19 divided by 7?

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Bang on Wosi.. Honda easily the best bike this year by a country mile but couldn't stop Casey from being last alien by some way(before injury). I'll take Rossi poor year on a bad bike over a poor year on easily the best bike anyday of the week.... Expect Rossi is suffering from boredom on the duke and hence the errors, I;m certainly bored of watching him on the duke. Not long to go now.. Question is will Jorge still be numero uno! if he loses this year?? That'll be two huge beatings in a row, enough to get some the sack.. Is getting absolutely hammered in the second half of this season. Yamaha must be more than just a little worried....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Just as Napoleon said

with Aquarius' rather excellent quote 'but is he lucky?'

Karma, luck, religion and mysticism is all a crock of. But if you believe in a little Ying Yang you'd have to say Rossi is getting it all back in spades after his jammy years. And all on such a fine racing motorcycle as the Ducati. He's been thoroughly exposed  as more Goat than G.O.A.T.

What's thirty one divided by zero Wosi?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yup...

"couldn't stop Casey from being last alien by some way(before injury)"

You are right Wosi... 3rd... I got it wrong (again)... but some way Hugs? 9 points... & Rossi was losing by how much in 2010 when he broke his leg?... 9 points, or some way by your measure... that's an average of 3 points a race campared to, erm... less than 1 for Stoner. Using that rate, without injury, Stoner might have finished a good 15 or 16 points behind his team mate at the end of the season... Rossi 54... as it was Rossi was 150 points behind the other factory Yamaha... Stoner's current deficit is 71 to his team mate & he's back in the game next race.

The similarities are remarkable but for one it's complete & utter failure while the other it's either ignored or lead to a heroic comeback to claim 3rd... yet Wosi accuses others of being biased?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmm....

Sorry Hmmm... I know you have a soft spot for him... but I thought you normally liked them backed into a corner... or against the edge of a cliff...

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

By Benny big brains measuring stick, Casey Stoner would be considered a failure H5..but not wosi's.

Two titles on two different marques is something nobody will ever take away from him. In terms of pure racing ability and raw pace he has few peers, in my humble opinion and experience of watching this sport since Sheene got me hooked as a kid, all those years ago.

He's an Aussie. It would be rude of me, as a Pom, NOT to take the piss and hand out a sledging. I don't hold with the way he's conducted himself at times and believe he's shortened his own career by letting stuff he shouldn't be concerned with affect him..get under his skin. Racing bikes at this level and in this day and age, isn't just about being the fastest guy out there. You have to have what it takes between the ears as well. Stoner has a stubborn streak and he also has an ego..despite what he says to the contrary. As an all round competitor he has weaknesses that have undemined his undoubted ability.

Other riders may not have his ability but make up for the shortfall, which is minimal, by being stronger in other areas that are equally important. Crutchlow vs Dovi is a good example of what I mean.

Saying this - not that he's bothered - wosi has a lot of respect. I hope he comes back and spices up the end of a season that appears to be fizzling out and we get to see a motivated Casey Stoner in full battle cry..one last time.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Wosi is a cnut

Nuff said.

Hedgehog5: Am I allowed to say Johnny Rea beat Rossi yet? I wouldn't want to upset you again and please reply using only your own words.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Poetic timing

Wosi, I see your tiny brain finally begins to acknowledge Casey Stoner's talent. We might make a "true" GP fan of you yet. Although I suspect you'll just revert to type at the first opportunity.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Three in a row..I sense a meltdown approaching.

Nobody rates you Benny. Do us all a favour and fuck off will you?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle