Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ooops

Quoth Rossi...the bike was not so bad in Valencia last year. The year before..ie:2010 it was even better at the same Valencia. Enough rubbish.

I can't say HRC vs Yamaha for riders title is done yet.

I can say this.  Valencia 2012 testing, will expose goats,GOATS and GHOSTS.

It will have naught to do with Ducati. 31 divided by zero indeed. Maybe even 8 divided by zero. Eh? Capirex.

Infinitum !

Crikey ,1 divided by zero = same infinity. Bayliss. We are talking GP. Hell, old Paul Smart even found a way to win with it easily with Bruno Spaggiari playing tail gunner ahead of the Gia Agostini.

Barros also finished 2nd on a sattelite Ducati in his day.  

Similarities. They used to dub Alex Barros as the ZOMBIE. Late braker supreme. Dovi...is it right now.

Let's see how it pans out mid November when they all change seats and kit.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Wosi

There's a chance you could get your leg over by the bird in the avatar.............get stuck in there mate!.:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Furthermore

'The 2 Spaniards ride better than me,not verbatim.

The day you make such acknowledgements is the same day you should retire along with the rest of 'em causing a bottleneck in the premier class and spoiling the spectacle.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

Back on form with a good reasoned comment. Not much in there to argue about, just the ego bit. I'd say he is just so damn competitive rather than egotistic and wants to win races in a series of pure racing thoroughbred machines. Egotists command attention whereas he's the opposite. He doesn't like the look of what's coming, nor do I much, but time will tell. I wouldn't argue against all the politics, promotional shite and initial lack of recognition for what he achieved with Ducati aggravating him, but I don't think for a second it affects him once race time comes, everything goes away when the flag drops - you know Buell, that focus thing.

By Benny big brains measuring stick, Casey Stoner would be considered a failure H5..but not wosi's.

Two titles on two different marques is something nobody will ever take away from him. In terms of pure racing ability and raw pace he has few peers, in my humble opinion and experience of watching this sport since Sheene got me hooked as a kid, all those years ago.

He's an Aussie. It would be rude of me, as a Pom, NOT to take the piss and hand out a sledging. I don't hold with the way he's conducted himself at times and believe he's shortened his own career by letting stuff he shouldn't be concerned with affect him..get under his skin. Racing bikes at this level and in this day and age, isn't just about being the fastest guy out there. You have to have what it takes between the ears as well. Stoner has a stubborn streak and he also has an ego..despite what he says to the contrary. As an all round competitor he has weaknesses that have undemined his undoubted ability.

Other riders may not have his ability but make up for the shortfall, which is minimal, by being stronger in other areas that are equally important. Crutchlow vs Dovi is a good example of what I mean.

Saying this - not that he's bothered - wosi has a lot of respect. I hope he comes back and spices up the end of a season that appears to be fizzling out and we get to see a motivated Casey Stoner in full battle cry..one last time.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Rossi's admission

'The 2 Spaniards ride better than me,not verbatim.

The day you make such acknowledgements is the same day you should retire along with the rest of 'em causing a bottleneck in the premier class and spoiling the spectacle.

You don't think that this is just Rossi paving the way for success or failure next year? He states he's not as fast as them, therefore no expectation to win. If he wins it looks so much better and he regenerates the myth of 'goat'.

Mind games again - as if anyone's bothered.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

On a far more interesting point

It appears owners Bridgepoint Capital are getting a little pissed with Rossi favourite uncle and the uncetainty he's brought to the future of MotoGP. Bridgepoint intend to bring both WSBK & MotoGP under the one operational umbrella.

The FIM may have finally woken up to the fact the two series are on a collision course of technical spec's and are to hold a meeting with all stakeholders to redefine both series in a regulatory sense.

Bye bye to Rossi's dirty devious fiddling Uncle Carmelo perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Covering bases Bultoboy

To be honest I see it the same way as you. Rossi's got all excuse lists lined up in case the M1 return bites him as hard as the MI 2010 venture did vs Lorenzo. Lately he races like a an AC sine wave. Peaks and valleys as predictable as his DC linear skill was back in his all conquering and accepted decade of dominance.

No harm in that. Cur dog and money grunger/fame dog that he is,I don't blame him. Each to his own.

He did embrace,then cur out of Ducati,didn't he ? Loris got the boot,but won 8 on the bike.

The hell with Casey 's results

Loris won first year out in its inception year. Catalunya 2003. Led Suzuka for 8 glorious laps ist time out.

Rossi/Ducat,tends to point to rider not the bike. Nick. We all love him,but he was never Rossi,was he with HRC or  anything else was he ?

Stoner won with it in 2010.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tissues or Champagne?

Dorna to run both series Nostro.

Bye-bye Honda more like..

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Mindgames

Rossi is certainly playing mindgames, the current position he is in, going to Yamaha,  there is noway he would think that the others are better than him.

Bulto----- Rossi on lap 17 was lapping as fast as his early laps, it was only on lap 18 when he nearly lost it did he start to slow down, although lap 21 was only 0.4secs slower than his fastest lap. Whereas before the new frame and swingarm, he was really struggling in the latter half of the race.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Wosi

Why do you think I'm Benny? Any moron can tell we're different people, oh hang on. All that time in the Larwood drinking Strongbow is pickling your brain.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle