Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Rea took the line everyone took, all the riders were going wide to take that corner, Rossi made a mistake which he admitted, although give the guy credit he showed skill and composure to keep his bike upright and avoid taking Rea out. Rea did NOTHING wrong, he was just taking a normal line, anyone who thinks otherwise obviously doesnt know much about racing.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Amateur hour..

If you look at the race footage, Rea was looking to take Hayden on power and was over half way to the left of the track. He shaped up to take Nick on the inside, decided against it late and braked early moving in front of Rossi who had nowhere to go and didn't miss his braking marker at all.

Val must have figured he had a chance of taking him around the outside of the last corner, which is an open, wide sweeping 3rd gear turn..it's not a fkin hairpin bend or chicane asswipes.. Rea changed his mind and moved onto Rossi's line leaving him no option but to pick the bike up and go straight on. He was braking hard from over 200mph.

Rea probably didn't know where Val was, but he wasn't fkin bothered either and has made sudden moves like this before which have ended with him and others on the deck. He's a liability and a hot head who is known for crashing and stacking bikes.

Take your jingoistic heads out your patriotic orange arses and try and show some balance..fuckos.  

Take a look at Forgarty's career ending clash with Ulm. Similar but Ulm's movement is nowhere near as pronounced and quick as Rea's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zx64r7fu4

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Look at it any way you want

Rea did nothing wrong, Rossi committed a beginner's mistake

Golden rule - if you're behind it's up to you to react to what's happening in front. Rossi should have seen that coming a mile off, hardly unusual for someone to move to the outside of the track to get better entry. Rea doesn't know who's behind him, Rossi can see that the door that is beckoning probably won't be there when he arrives. It wasn't, his problem.

You're letting your dislike of Rea cloud your judgement. When have you ever contradicted anything Rossi says....

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stroppy little Wosi today

He really does hate it when Rossi speaks the truth, it makes it that much harder for him to reconcile his distorted reality with the actual reality happening out on track.

"Lorenzo and Pedrosa are now in great shape and did 49.1 and not just because the factory Honda and Yamaha are better but also because they ride better than me."

A shame to see a former champion fade away. But then if anyone deserves it Rossi does.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You Cahn..

I like Rea and have championed his cause before now..but I'm not fkin blind and have probably forgotten more about tarmac racing than you'll ever know Bulto.

The day you show a bit of balance when it comes to commenting on Rossi is the day I burn my yellow panties you fkin hypocrite.

Stick to green laning pal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Rossi's Mistake

He admitted it, what's the issue. It was the first lap, the bikes were close together so Rea may have had to adjust his initial line slightly but I didnt see it. All the bikes were going wide to take that corner and all the bikes were veering out to the kerb at the end of the straight to do it. Rea has a bit of an agressive reputation in WSB and he's had a few crashes fair enough but in his 2 GP's he's not fallen off once, he's kept it steady and controlled in order to learn to bike so he was probably the safest rider out there on Sunday.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Here's another..

..especially for Benny and Bulto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5VVF8vj-nQ&feature=fvwrel

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

I'll do the maths for you simpleton..

335.7 kmh = 208.6 mph

..about 200mph faster than you manage chasing that sheep down the mountainside.

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Wosi

I just had a lengthy LOL moment....cheer's.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

especially for Benny and Bulto

Another video paying homage to your hero Wosi?

That move at 0.40s was pure Rossi / Gibernau @ Jerez...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices