Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Valentino Rossi rues first lap error

Valentino Rossi fought back from dead last to eighth place after a costly first lap error in yesterday’s Motorland Aragon MotoGP race. The Italian had to run off the track in the braking zone at the final corner on the opening lap after he almost tangled with British rider Jonathan Rea. The close call dropped Rossi to the back of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 11:22)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

After lap 1 rossis pace was faster than rea's for 12 laps until he made a mistake on lap 18......

With maths like that I can see why you'd think that...

Why say that? Not true, if you've looked at their lap times you'd have seen that they were pretty even during those first 18 laps, sometimes Rea quicker, sometimes Rossi, which is why the gap remained at around 8 seconds until lap 18, after which Rossi screwed up on two laps and dropped further back.

You can watch lap 1 as many times as you like but Rea took the natural line into the corner, regardless of where or when he braked (he was reacting to Hayden) Rossi should have known there was every chance of him being squeezed if he tried the outside and has admitted it was his mistake. How can you possibly blame Rea?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

" I see you start with a quote by someone else in italics, realise it's going to be dull "

I quoted you... if you think that quoting you is dull what does that say about you? If you'd rather be ignored or not part of the discussion then don't post. If all you want is people patting you on the back saying how right you are then go back to MM. Here we question the opinions of others when they are questionable. In this instance you directly asked me a question... why wouldn't I answer it?... & why would you 1st insult my intelligence (without saying why) & then call me dull for doing so? You do realise how weird that makes you appear, yeah?

Acanada - "After lap 1 rossis pace was faster than rea's for 12 laps "

Lap 1 Rossi -13.4, Rea -3.6... lap 12 Rossi -30, Rea -21.1... pretty even to me... the figures support that Rossi would probably have lead Rea by up to almost a second at times... but then, as you mention, you have his second mistake, costing him 3 seconds, to add into it. When riders make run off track or crash they're generally pushing too hard for a combination of the conditions, state of the tyres, capability of the bike & ability of the rider to assess & manage these factors... a bit like setting a fastest lap then falling off... all very good but not the way to come out on top. It's a fine line to tread & Rossi slipped the wrong side of it in his efforts to go faster... others may have crashed... he has in the past. To his credit he stayed on & brought it home.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Hedgehog

Are you still going on? Dull and pedantic, don't you ever get bored? Some of us on here certainly do. Of you. What does it say about me? Well, it says I have a low threshold for dullness and you max it out everytime you post, what does that say about you? It says you're dull. I've saved you the effort by putting by post in italics, should give you more time to be dull.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy

"Dull and pedantic, don't you ever get bored?"

I'll be polite & answer you once again but yes your continued questions & rudeness are becoming tiresome... you asked me a direct question... if you don't want an answer don't ask it... if you were really that bored you'd have gone elsewhere so what keeps you coming back?... do you think you're winning some victory? You've shown what a rude & hypocritical person you are... great... is that it?... is this all you've got or are you going to return to the subject?... or do you find MotoGP in general (or talking about it) boring?... in which case why are you hanging around here?... ah yeah...  hypocritical.

I have answered 2 of your direct questions now... you called me unintelligent earlier (in connection with my answer to your direct question)... if you can then please do me the honour of explaining your statement. I'll quote myself to save you the trouble of reading back...

"Yes, absolutely... & Rossi was on the same pace as him (in fact Rossi was 3 seconds slower over the race after his 1st lap mistake & can't even say he was held up in traffic 'cos his fastest laps were before he hit 8th)... good job."

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

I'm doing it purely to wind you up and irritate you

Nothing more, nothing less. You seem a sucker for it and for some reason feel compelled to respond to something only you are interested in. I've just got bored of reading your dull posts so thought I'd entertain myself, simples. I'm sure you'll drone on some more so I'll be back in a few days to see what dribble you've offered.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Mandy...

"I'm doing it purely to wind you up and irritate you... Nothing more, nothing less."

Cool.. but you're the one saying you find your own conversation dull, handing out the insults & apparently getting wound up by me quoting you... me, I'm chilled... but then I guess that's why you find it dull... if I was getting wound up it would become interesting. I can carry on all day exposing you for what you are... a troll & a flamer... well done!... but thank you for being man enough to admit it & bringing this to an end.

Job done. Back to MotoGP.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Check you out

Uncovering all that, by yourself, using only your finely honed detective skills and your massive intellect. You may well have saved the world, you should give yourself a pat on the back, you're a credit to society and the human race. I am utterly in awe of how you managed to figure all that out, I thought I'd kept it a closely guarded secret, despite telling you. You really should be proud of yourself.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices