Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

Cal Crutchlow refused to be too downbeat after he narrowly missed scoring a second podium in the last three MotoGP races at the Motorland Aragon yesterday. The British rider had been locked in a race long duel with Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Andrea Dovizioso that went right down to the last lap. But it was the Italian who took his sixth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 12:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

BillyBob....

I love the way people call the best riders in MotoGP 'Aliens'. they aren't aliens, just the best riders on the best equipment. Dovi was given the opportunity to become an 'Alien' when riding for HRC but there was one element of the equation missing.. and it wasnt the equipment.

So, the way I would look at it is if a rider has that "one element" of the equation then he is able to perform week in week out and most of the time beat his team mate or at least run him very close.  This in my eyes would make him a great rider (which some people would call an alien), which in my mind justifies them receiving the best equipment.

Cal, at this point in his GP career does not justify such status, satellite equipment is probably the level he is at right now, but in only his second seaon there is no shame in that at all, and he has no pressure to perform and constantly get a podium (like the pressure that Speez seems to have buckled under).  Likewise, I do think that Dovi is above the level of a satellite equipment, but I don't think Dovi deserves a factory Honda or Yam, although his results this year have been very impressive but not unexpected, given there are only 4 really competitive bikes on the grid.  That's why he has hedged his bets on Ducati coming good, and that might prove to be the smartest move he makes in his career.

Good luck to them both for next season, as a fan of both riders I would like to see them competing in motoGP for several years to come.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

CHR...

I couldn't agree more....

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

adie monk

i do agree with your points made, but can you answer this one , what makes a rider in this series and given crt status,deserve a factory ride???? new one for us to banter over eh.

me personally i would say someone who is consistant and finishes above other factory bikes around him , so you could argue the cal vs dovi one on this by mean they both yes both have done that his season, only one better placed than the other.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

All please note

Not one word of retort in a sensible manner as challenged from the multi forum memhershipped lunatic, just as we all knew totally incapable of any reasoned response, get the message bubble flobhog mandyetc etc ,just go away no one likes you or what you have to grunt , I guess your not up yet you unemployable loser ,:lol:

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

lllloooosssseeeerrrr!!!!!!!!!!

stig you have fuel'd the troll yet again:lol:but not with any regrets i may add

cal will beat dovi fair and square by the year is out i know this and believe this as a british racing fan:lol:

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I'll second that stig. Looking forward when MCN gets ban hammer out on that clown again hopefully they get hold of his IP address so the dick can't ever register another account on here.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

plan

no need for to wait for them r.o.p,is there for a reason, pick out the worst towards you and bobs your uncle.then ingore the newest silly screen name as he never can hide by the way he talks really.:winkie:

on a racing note gtyr, how do you think spies will will do on the duke next season??no sarcasm here a genuine honest question.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Fog

For me it's a natural progression from CRT to satellite bike, from satellite to factory bike. And this works both ways, so riders on their way down the ladders follow this in reverse (see Colin Edwards on this one). There is obviously other championships to consider too, WSB and moto2, and with competitive factory bikes in such short supply these days I don't think a rookie should enter the series with a factory team, regardless of their history an previous results. Saying that though I do expect Marc Marquez to do well in the second half of 2013, once he learns the bike and tyres, an provided he doesn't come a cropper early doors. I do think Cal has dodged a bullet by staying put, I wouldn't gamble my career so early on in motogp by riding the Ducati, he still has time to prove he is worth a factory bike in future.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Spies

has taken the Duke for the cash, he's not done as well as expected on a good package, in the long term Spies would have been better taking the WSB deal, unless the German/Italian effort comes up with a miracle, none of them are going to better Hayden. They've all got different riding styles, and no doubt different ideas on direction, but the bench mark is going to be Hayden. 

Also ideas please on, what you all think regarding Smith on this M1 next year. You all know my views on Smith and the waste of a ride, but a lot of these so called 'not made it riders' come to MotoGP and give it a go, they come from backgrounds of WSB, multichampions, and various other not easily obtained titles like BSB, WSS etc., but Smith comes into MotoGP as an under achiever, the stepping stone from Moto2, unwilling to push that bike for a podium, so he's going to arrive on the grid in MotoGP on an M1, having never certainly won a Moto2 race and a 99% chance not got on the podium this year, so he's going backwards. Now if that performance transfers to MotoGP, which I believe it undoubtedly will, because the stick that Cal gets, for what can be considered a good effort, and doing pretty well for a Brit, then what kind of review is Smith going to get, remembering that, if he doesn't shine in MotoGP, he's on a high speed  greasy slope to nowhere. He can't drop back into Moto2, he isn't  a superbike rider, and they are going to carry him for 2 years in MotoGP!!! 

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

cornbowl

I would like to say with some conviction that Smith will come good in 2013 and a MotoGP bike will be the making of him, unfortunately though I just can't see it happening.

When the deal was done and signed Smith was performing well in Moto2, but I think Herve was a little rash in putting a MotoGP contract in front of the lad without any performance related clause in it.

Still, it is what it is, and given his performances this year I so think he will struggle a bit next year.

Fingers crossed he will shock quite a few people and turn in some good results, similar to Cal's better performances last season, but I'm not convinced he can end the season as top rookie, especially with Marquez also taking the step us with him I think Bradders has his work cut out.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices