Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

Cal Crutchlow refused to be too downbeat after he narrowly missed scoring a second podium in the last three MotoGP races at the Motorland Aragon yesterday. The British rider had been locked in a race long duel with Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Andrea Dovizioso that went right down to the last lap. But it was the Italian who took his sixth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 October 2012 12:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

on a racing note gtyr, how do you think spies will will do on the duke next season??no sarcasm here a genuine honest question.

How do I think Spies will do on the Duke next season I think he will do okay nothing more but I also reckon it will suit his riding style.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Heard it all before...

"I also reckon it will suit his riding style"

Like it would suit Hayden's riding style like so many thought... Eheerm...  I dont think it suits any particular riding style tbh.. I think what it need is someone with little to no MotoGP experience to just jump on it and let it all hang out! Like Stoner did in 2007... People who have ridden other motoGP bikes for years find it way to hard to adapt to the Dukes quirky nature... Get a newby on it (Scotty Redding) and let him rag it while building his riding style around the Duke... He will then know no different and push to the bikes limits... Spies, well i think his time with Ducati will just add some oil to his slippery sloap unfortunately...

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Bubble Boy...

That was FACT, followed by an OPINION! Something you dont seem to be short of..

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Adiemonk..

"So, the way I would look at it is if a rider has that "one element" of the equation then he is able to perform week in week out and most of the time beat his team mate or at least run him very close.  This in my eyes would make him a great rider (which some people would call an alien), which in my mind justifies them receiving the best equipment. Cal, at this point in his GP career does not justify such status, satellite equipment is probably the level he is at right now, but in only his second seaon there is no shame in that at all, and he has no pressure to perform and constantly get a podium (like the pressure that Speez seems to have buckled under).  Likewise, I do think that Dovi is above the level of a satellite equipment, but I don't think Dovi deserves a factory Honda or Yam, although his results this year have been very impressive but not unexpected, given there are only 4 really competitive bikes on the grid.  That's why he has hedged his bets on Ducati coming good, and that might prove to be the smartest move he makes in his career." Couldn't agree more. I actually like both riders myself; don't want to be perceived as a Dovi-hater here. The way I see it though, is that Cal is still showing signs of improvement - from his riding style to his race craft , consistency and maturity, whereas Dovi has kinda peaked in all of these areas. I know his performance has been slightly better than Cal throughout this year, but has anyone actually been watching the racing?? Even when Dovi is in front of Cal, Cal is always visibly quicker than Dovi. Taking into consideration his time in GP, Dovi SHOULD be beating his vastly inexperienced (In MotoGP) teammate week in-week out, by greater margins than he actually is. All the best for him at Ducati, but I think Cal actually got the best end of the deal the way things have turned out. Unless the Duke becomes a Honda-eating macine overnight, I can only see Dovi dropping into mid-pack mediocrity (behind Nikki) next year, whereas Cal will still be on a machine that isn't far away from the main factory bikes as it is. As for great CRT riders on mediocre equipment, I think Randy should have been given the opportunity on a factory bike years ago - Was showing some great speed on the LCR Honda before breaking his leg and it all went wrong when he moved to... A Ducati! I think he'll always be one of those 'what if' riders that will never be given the chance to prove his true potential..

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

sorry..

For that scawl there.. writing this on a crappy tablet this that doesnt seem to understand what a paragraph is!

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Bubble...

No amount of evidence can ever predict the future, which is why all of our opinions vary so much. But you can't just say something is 'great' or 'shit' without having anything to back it up. On earlier posts on this thread there were people posting comments which were based on opinion from taking quotes out of context. That my friend is just slander.

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Ciao for now..

I only came onto MCN cos i was looking for a new bike.. didnt indent on getting caught up in any forum wars! Good luck to all you level-headed race fans on your troll beating, I'm outta here!

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Ciao for now..

I only came onto MCN cos i was looking for a new bike.. didnt indent on getting caught up in any forum wars! Good luck to all you level-headed race fans on your troll beating, I'm outta here!

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Ty

Guys for answering my simple questions.....makes you wonder who the real fake biker is in here.great blast out today I should have done Cadwell but the coast roads did me right.

Reply to this Topic
tobyj

Jul 12

tobyj says:

Hmmmmmmmmm, Outside Hate and this

little Forum. Is there anything in your life that's meaningful or anyone in your life that makes you feel good ?

You seem to be wasting your life staring at a screen and being hateful , however bad things are there's got be more to your life than this crazy attention seeking loop your in; hasn't there ?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices