Skip to content

Discuss This Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aragon MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow misses podium on last lap

Cal Crutchlow refused to be too downbeat after he narrowly missed scoring a second podium in the last three MotoGP races at the Motorland Aragon yesterday. The British rider had been locked in a race long duel with Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Andrea Dovizioso that went right down to the last lap. But it was the Italian who took his sixth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 12:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Bloodyhmmm

Much as I would love to stay and watch you avoid any question that contradicts your warped view of the world, I have to be up early tomorrow. It's called a job. Some people have one.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

How about you get back in your smelly dustcart where you belong HmmmmmmRevFlobShoite.

Can't wait when the MCN mods kick you off again you feckin deserve it dolt.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Hmmmmmm

Probably wasting my time here but why not drop this constant Crutchlow witch hunt. I watch the races on Eurosport so the only interviews you get are the top 3. A persons personality don't really matter to me it's how they ride a bike. Crutchlow is doing ok. Could be doing better but well enough to get get another year. Next year is his big year and he must do better.  So come on, we all know you don't like the bloke. Why don't you just give it a rest and talk about something else for a while. Racing like you're always saying.

It was funny for a while but you are  just pissing everyone of now. Give it a rest. Sleep on it. Goodnight.

Reply to this Topic
pacman46

Mar 11

pacman46 says:

Wrong move Wrong corner! Dovi always had the best line and best drive on turn 15! Going on the inside just took Cal out wide with a slow exit!

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

Sorry I do not get the title of this article. Dovi is leading the last lap and Crut missed podium? You first need to have a pass that stick in order to have it count as an opportuinity for podium.

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Healthy Debate...

This whole thread has wound me up so much that I took the time to register with MCN so I could comment. You want a healthy debate hmmmmmm? Well here I go..

Topic - Cal vs Dovi career stats.

Dovi

Started career in 125 2002 -2004 (only 1 race in 2001 so wont count it). Riders Champ results: 16th, 5th, 1st. (only five 1st place finishes in 3 years)

Moved up to 250's 2005 - 2007. RC results: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd. (only four 1st place finishes in 3 years and never won a riders championship)

Moved to MotoGP in 2008. RC results: 5th 6th 5th 3rd 4th. (only one 1st place finish in 5 years and that was only because the rest of the field were dropping like flies in wet conditions.. Edwards was 2nd)

Cal

Started career in British Supersport in 2004 - 2006. Rider Championship results: 10th, 3rd, 1st (8 1st place finishes in 3 years)

Moved up to British Superbike 2007 - 2008. RC results: 9th, 3rd (only two 1st place finishes in 2 years and never won riders champ)

Moved to World Supersport in 2009. RC result: 1st (five 1st place finishes in 1 year)

Moved to World Superbike in 2010. RC result: 5th (three 1st place finishes in 1 year)

Moved to MotoGP 2011 - 2012. RC results: 12th, 5th (currently). (no 1st place finishes.. YET)

The point I'm making here (backed up by a bit of that critical 'evidence') is that Dovi always has been (and always will be) quite a good rider who hasn't got the ability to actually rise to the top of the pile. He is consistent, granted, but he will never be 'great'. This was proven in 2011, when he was beaten by both his team-mates in 8 rounds, and at least 1 of them in another 8 rounds (bearing in mind Dani missed 3 races due to injury). I love the way people call the best riders in MotoGP 'Aliens'. they aren't aliens, just the best riders on the best equipment. Dovi was given the opportunity to become an 'Alien' when riding for HRC but there was one element of the equation missing.. and it wasnt the equipment.

Cal, on the other hand, tends to have the ability to improve his riding to the point where he can contend for a championship. The only times he hasn't done, is when a better offer has been thrown on the table for him (ie a WSS ride in 2009 and a MotoGP ride in 2011). In only his 2nd year in the TOP FLIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP in the world, and still on a satellite bike, he has already improved on his position by 7 places. If he continues in this trend, gets given a factory Yam ride, and based upon his previous stats, I predict he will be fighting for a RC title in the next 2 - 3 years. This is NOT the profile of a 'Failure' by any means!

Now that, in my opinion, is a balanced argument. No references to Monkeys or Sheep either! Lets see you counter it without actually slagging anyone off...

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Healthy Debate...

This whole thread has wound me up so much that I took the time to register with MCN so I could comment. You want a healthy debate hmmmmmm? Well here I go..

Topic - Cal vs Dovi career stats.

Dovi

Started career in 125 2002 -2004 (only 1 race in 2001 so wont count it). Riders Champ results: 16th, 5th, 1st. (only five 1st place finishes in 3 years)

Moved up to 250's 2005 - 2007. RC results: 3rd, 2nd, 2nd. (only four 1st place finishes in 3 years and never won a riders championship)

Moved to MotoGP in 2008. RC results: 5th 6th 5th 3rd 4th. (only one 1st place finish in 5 years and that was only because the rest of the field were dropping like flies in wet conditions.. Edwards was 2nd)

Cal

Started career in British Supersport in 2004 - 2006. Rider Championship results: 10th, 3rd, 1st (8 1st place finishes in 3 years)

Moved up to British Superbike 2007 - 2008. RC results: 9th, 3rd (only two 1st place finishes in 2 years and never won riders champ)

Moved to World Supersport in 2009. RC result: 1st (five 1st place finishes in 1 year)

Moved to World Superbike in 2010. RC result: 5th (three 1st place finishes in 1 year)

Moved to MotoGP 2011 - 2012. RC results: 12th, 5th (currently). (no 1st place finishes.. YET)

The point I'm making here (backed up by a bit of that critical 'evidence') is that Dovi always has been (and always will be) quite a good rider who hasn't got the ability to actually rise to the top of the pile. He is consistent, granted, but he will never be 'great'. This was proven in 2011, when he was beaten by both his team-mates in 8 rounds, and at least 1 of them in another 8 rounds (bearing in mind Dani missed 3 races due to injury). I love the way people call the best riders in MotoGP 'Aliens'. they aren't aliens, just the best riders on the best equipment. Dovi was given the opportunity to become an 'Alien' when riding for HRC but there was one element of the equation missing.. and it wasnt the equipment.

Cal, on the other hand, tends to have the ability to improve his riding to the point where he can contend for a championship. The only times he hasn't done, is when a better offer has been thrown on the table for him (ie a WSS ride in 2009 and a MotoGP ride in 2011). In only his 2nd year in the TOP FLIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP in the world, and still on a satellite bike, he has already improved on his position by 7 places. If he continues in this trend, gets given a factory Yam ride, and based upon his previous stats, I predict he will be fighting for a RC title in the next 2 - 3 years. This is NOT the profile of a 'Failure' by any means!

Now that, in my opinion, is a balanced argument. No references to Monkeys or Sheep either! Lets see you counter it without actually slagging anyone off...

Reply to this Topic
Bobbillbishop

Oct 12

Lol, I felt so strong about it that I posted it twice!!

Sorry, can't see how to remove one of them either.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bobbillbishop...

...if you've come here for a reasoned, healthy debate, you've come to the wrong place...Only vitriol and venom allowed on this forum. Now fuck off!!!...x

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

CHR....

Fucking HA HA HA! Best comment written on this thread by far!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices