You are in... Forums > General > General > Blade, GSXR750 or ZX7R

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

ticktack7470

Sep 12

ticktack7470 says:

Blade, GSXR750 or ZX7R

Hello everyone, please help, I'm looking at a few bikes but can't decide between the 3.

1995 GSXR750 in very good condition 21000 miles £1,600,  2001 ZX7R in very good condition 12000 miles £1,995, or a 1998 CBR900RR very good condition 29000 miles £1,850

I have had bikes before and like all 3 but would like some feedback from anyone thats owned 1 or all 3.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 12:35)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

I know it's pointless

But i will stick a vote in for the zx-7. I had always wanted one due to the looks and reputation and had a couple of thousand miles on one before seeing sense and going back to the yammy family

:biggrin:

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Blade

The blade will have lots more midrange torque than the other 2 so that would probably swing it for me out of that shortlist. I've got a 99 blade and find it ticks most boxes. You do need to make sure the front tyre pressure isn't low as that makes for horrible handling.

Reply to this Topic
fuzzrr

Sep 06

fuzzrr says:

Get a 2000 R1 for the 2 grand mark. Better bike than all of the ones on the list,

Reply to this Topic
ticktack7470

Sep 12

ticktack7470 says:

blade

Hi just to let you all know I made an offer on a 1998 Blade today:biggrin: paid a small deposit and collect it on Sunday and I can't wait!!!  I really think I made the right choice after looking at loads of crap ZX7R's and GSXR's, most dealers advertise them as "in very good condition" and when you turn up the bikes in a state!!  So I decided to look for a private Blade its done 41K totally standard and in VGC, as soon as I get some photos I will post some on here.  

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

good choice

I had an RRX a while ago. Make sure the tyres are in good condition, especially the front. Once they have lost their original profile, the steering, and feel of the bike will feel strange. 16" wheel doesn't help, but it's not a problem. You can change the front for a 17" wheel to give you more choice of tyres if you feel the need. The carbed bikes (like yours) are better (I.M.O.) than the first injected blade, and definitely better on fuel. A good comfortable (ish) sports bike that'll do just about anything you want, on the road. Enjoy it, and look after it. 

Oh yeah, keep an eye on the wheel bearings, and cush drive bearing, and don't worry about the clutch rumble, unless it's really noisy. Tons of info on the net :smiley:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

and the

build quality of this vintage of blade is above everything you have mentioned.

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

Ticktack.....

Im very happy for ya...... oh your going to love it.excellent choice,:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
ticktack7470

Sep 12

ticktack7470 says:

RRV

Hi I really loving the whole Fireblade thing, I think mine is the RRV model on a R plate.  In any case it goes well and looks very good indeed for its age.  Hope it stops raining soon or I'm going to get wet as I just wanna get out their and ride it.  No photos as yet but will no doubt get some on here soon.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle