Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should all new car drivers be required to do a CBT too? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Should all new car drivers be required to do a CBT too?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Should all new car drivers be required to do a CBT too?

pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 16:33)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

every "Legal" bad driver on our roads has been Given a licence to be there. To Introduce intense training for new drivers would be a start. To introduce testing of Existing Drivers would be Political Suicide.

Reply to this Topic
timmotoon

Aug 06

timmotoon says:

cbt etc

no that is a silly idea.  I think all vehicle users should simply take extra care when on the road and be a little more sensible. I also think we as motor cyclists dont do ourselves any favours on the roads and im thinking poor riding skills  ie  speeding when not apropriate,bad road positioning, weaving in and out of slower traffic etc etc.

Majority of riders are probably car drivers too  like myself and i see poor riding every day, and so we all need to get our house in order before slating other road users !

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Keep dreaming...

Let's face it, this is never going to happen. But car driver training needs to improve. At a minimum a driving test should include more detailed examination of driver awareness, particularly with regards to venerable road users, i.e. motorcyclists.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Absolutely

Everyone should have to pass a basic course before they're allowed on the road with a ton of metal.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

In 20 years time...

In 20 years time we won't believe that you could have gone on the road without basic training!

Reply to this Topic
McCabage

Aug 12

McCabage says:

Extra Training not CBT?

2Smoke and others are right. A CBT is unrealistic, but getting better awareness in the driving test for cars or theory / hazard perception is a better idea :)

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

in a perfect world

If it were down to me, I would just raise the age at which you can learn to drive a car to 40 and ban them at 65.  You get a free bus pass at 65, why would you want a car? This would also help with congestion, parking problems, help save natural resources and help to reduce carbon emissions. You could also argue that having less young car drivers on the road would reduce accidents and in turn reduce insurance premiums. Car thefts and car related crime would go down to. Who needs a CBT for car dirvers or better training when my idea is much better.

I am only joking of course but now I've read what I've written, it does actually make some sense.

Reply to this Topic
MankeyJohn

Sep 12

MankeyJohn says:

driving.

Yes!

Around the same time as I did my CBT I was driving a car before hand getting lessons. After the weekend I didn't my CBT My driving came on 10 fold. Until you have been on a motorbike with no protection around you and just a helmet and leathers you don't fully understand how much you need to look out for them in a car.

If not CBT at least a basic lesson on the theory and why motorbike do different things to a car, like filtering and so on.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Fantasy question doesn't deserve a response

Sadly, t'other way around isn't beyond the pale.  The repressive mentals in Australia are about to mandate that you have to have a car license before you can ride a bike.  I hope that doesn't put ideas in the head of anyone sane.

Reply to this Topic
Krisrexter

Aug 10

Krisrexter says:

Don't be silly would you want to be stuck on your Cbt with 3 grudging car drivers who don't give a dam about bikes while all you want to do is learn

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices