Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand? British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand?

The BSB season is now in to the Showdown stage, which means only six riders are in with a shot at the 2012 title. Are the current rules too complicated?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 16:56)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
olafhd276

May 10

olafhd276 says:

Best racing in years with these new rules....they're not fair rules but it makes for great entertainment and thats what the sport is about nowadays. To succeed the organisers need the sponsors and the sponsors want a show.

i wonder how Shakey feels about the showdown now, it let him go off and heal for 2 rounds and still come back and lead the championship...where Tommy has had a terrible showdown after a stunning season

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Totally agree..

If the FIM adopted these rules worldwide, we could get back to wildcards and who knows..maybe even some old transatlantic type matches and a moto X des nations "Superbike" style competition, closed season?

Get Higgs and Palmer on it.

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

Yes?

Who the hell has voted yes? It's hardy the plot to Lost.

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Back to Basics

Revert to the tried and tested instead of this 'Showdown'  nonsense,  i.e  25 points for the win, 20 for second etc,  that way everyone knows where they stand....simples!

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

It Was Meee

I voted yes , i prefer the  25 . 20 . 15 . 13  then theres no confusion , for me anyway

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

It Was Meee

I voted yes , i prefer the  25 . 20 . 15 . 13  then theres no confusion , for me anyway

Reply to this Topic
remstein

Jul 07

remstein says:

#

The rules aint hard to understand their just total bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

showdown

They keep saying you must have change,the only change you want is from the BAR,wait till the HEALTH N SAFTY get involved,only jokin NART.bring back hangin,and as for MOTO CRAPY,WERE DID THEY GO WRONG,I FEEL BETTER NOW,NURSE SCREENS,im not locked up yet,

Reply to this Topic
badgerthedog

Apr 04

badgerthedog says:

showdown

i so agree with Remstein The rules aint hard to understand their just total bollocks

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Why the showdown should go

1. The Showdown increases interest in the last three rounds (supposely) but only by reducing interest in the rest of the season.

2. The showdown removes all interest for teams and sponsors not in the showdown.

3. The showdown puts far too much pressure on the riders.

4. The showdown is unfair as it should be the rider that acrues the most points over a season that wins.

5. The showdown is hard to understand because instinctively people don't want to understand it.

6. The showdown disuades riders from riding their best all year!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices