Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand? British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Are the British Superbike Championship rules too hard to understand?

The BSB season is now in to the Showdown stage, which means only six riders are in with a shot at the 2012 title. Are the current rules too complicated?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 16:56)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Oh yes no. 7

7. Since the rule changes that afford a level playing field with no mega buck factory teams having an advantage the showdown is no longer necessary as their is very little to seperate the top teams across the year.

Reply to this Topic
holestonecowboy

Jan 09

confused

Richard are you sure you're not confused. points are 25 20 16 not 15. New rules are easy to understand just not completely sure if they are good or not.

Reply to this Topic
stormrider66

Jul 08

stormrider66 says:

I may understand the rules introduced back for the 2010 season, but I in no way agree with them.

Tommy Hill  snatched the championship last year from Shakey Byrne due to the new points system. This year looks like he will lose it due to the same pointing system.

In 2010 the new system made no difference to the final standings.

I would like to see the old system return, but then theres a few things I would also like to change too but thats another story.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I don't think the rules are too difficult to understand...

...but that dosen't mean they're a good thing. If I have this right the rules were changed to make the racing more "interesting". Seems like the sort of thing the americans would do to appeal to the lowest common denominator (fat lazy rednecks with the attention span of a goldfish) but can someone tell me what was wrong with the racing at Silverstone? Those races were amazing, which was nothing to do with the points system. You don't need razzle dazzle when you have good close well organised racing, plain and simple.

Reply to this Topic
petedj

Jan 11

petedj says:

It's all about the money

The only reason for the rules as they are is to make palmer more money. Cram more people through the gates for the final rounds. If it was a normal championship it could be decided before the last rounds and then who would bother to stand in the rain for the finale.

Reply to this Topic
DoomedDog

Jul 10

DoomedDog says:

Shootout doing its job

Yes the races were amazing. The point is it was for the championship rather than just for a race win, that is why we have this shootout system - to keep the fight for the championship going down to the wire. Artificial it may appear to some but for the second year in a row we will get to see the BSB title decided at the last round, and it's not as if the contenders lucked into it either.

BSB is not about new technology or setting new standards in bike design - it's a show, entertainment for the masses and if this shootout system results in making BSB more popular which in turn means more sponsorship opportunities and greater coverage for up and coming British riders then it's been a success.

And long may it continue.

Reply to this Topic
wak1309

Jun 10

wak1309 says:

Yep!

Of course it’s all about money! What sporting spectacle isn’t? petedj, I could understand your comments better if all 3 final rounds were at 3 of the 4 MSVR circuits (Cadwell, Oulton, Snetterton and Brands).

That said, obviously Palmer wants bums on seats at Brands but last year was an astounding climax to the season. The only ‘loser’ was Shakey who blitzed the field all weekend, but we’re all talking about the 0.006 second gap that decided the Championship!

It only rained for a couple of hours last year, very early race day. Other than that the weather was great for October and we’re going again (from Sheffield, so not exactly around the corner!). Love or hate the Shootout rules, they are giving us a great, season long show!!

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Rules

Dont know if they are too complicated, but they are unfair.

Just how can the guy who has been romping the points table up to the last round have one DNF and be completely out of the reckoning to win the title (this happened last year with Shakey and this year with Sykes). Madness.

The 6 rider, zero points, podium credits tosh, just does not work. Its rubbish and is completely unfair.  Hey much as I like Lowes, how can the guy who JUST scraped into the last 6 have a chance at being champ?

Ludicrous. Scrap it and have a through to the end championship where the best rider over the year wins. I'm affraid it is marketing and television over professional racing and we hate it.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

No

The rules are not to difficult to understand. What they are is stupid. It's been said before and will be said again that the podium credits, dropping the worst result and top 6 shoot out is stupid in the extreme. A championship should be run from the start I'd the season to the end and everyone should be included. As it stands it resembles communism more than a championship - all riders are equal but the top 6 are more equal than others. As for having the 2nd race grid being set by fastest laps during race 1 goes its not as stupid as the points system but I personally dislike it. Other than that I feel that BSB is a great Championship.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

total bollocks

fuck me you need a ready reckoner and a slide rule to work them out,of course its all designed to create a big climax (oo er missus )to the season ,doesnt work though because its too contrived.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices