Skip to content

BMW New BMW R1200GS revealed R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > New BMW R1200GS revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New BMW R1200GS revealed

The new BMW R1200GS will use a 125bhp water/air cooled motor and feature semi-active suspension. The biggest change comes in the engine, with the introduction for the first time of water-cooling. Rather than the engine being fully water-cooled, 65% will still be air-cooled, while the rest will be cooled by a system that uses a water-glycol mixture and two radiators. There is a new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 17:59)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Middle aged spread..

Wow, a host of new gizmos for the the GS which will no doubt make it even heavier. "The perfect bike for crossing Outer Mongolia" I hear you shout! (Cue Ewan & Charlie clones...)

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Jeez

water-glycol mixture,lots of new electronic systems,advanced electronically controlled suspension,the list goes on and on and on..........................underneath it's still just an overgrown tesco's trolley.poke.gif :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Two wheeled Chelsea Tractor

Put wire wheels and nobblies on that competent (when it works) tourer and you deserve to have every last drop of piss ripped out of you.

Reply to this Topic
jimbo8098

Nov 11

jimbo8098 says:

Nice bike

but reviews on reliability say otherwise. Its a big letdown in that respect. I'd rather have a triumph than this for the time being. Too bad the Strom is better for what I need :)

Reply to this Topic
jcbenbow

Sep 05

jcbenbow says:

Looking forward to the road test.

On my ninth BMW bike.............never had a major problem with any of them only little niggles that have been sorted by the dealer as and when, but then again never had major issues with Kawasaki's or Triumphs I have owned either...........................I reckon there are to many dealers commenting on here!!!!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Rogerborg

I'm definitely with you on that one. How many of these 'tall tourers' will ever be used in rural anger? Most will ploughing their way up and down motorways where a sports tourer or full spec tourer make more sense. Still looking forward to the road test (not as much as the road test for the Z800) because it will reveal if the new engine is any good for the R1200RT and R1200R.

Reply to this Topic
twowheeltours

Mar 11

Thinking of the new VW Golf VII....

On distance you can´t see the difference from the old one.....

Is it ok to copycat yourself?

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Hey Geogous

No doubt it's gonna appeal to the guy who likes to be noticed and with a new set of leathers on your going look geogous.I can see these coming into  a car park and riders looking very superior having just come back from Africa.Nice bike undoubtedly but a bit over the top for what it will be used for.......What do i know.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Not a fan of the GS but

Not a fan of the GS, I like, ride and prefer sport bikes, and although the GSes are never about looks, this thing is the ultimate GS for those who like such bikes.  It's 10 pounds heavier than the 2012, but has 15 more ponies and every feature under the sun, including cruise and adaptive suspension and monobloc brakes. 

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Might give it a miss...

Might skip the GS this time and go and buy the latest S1000rr because its got 5 million bhp and anti small penis electronics, I will defo be racing it in the super stock series ......OH .......Wait a minute, ...no i won't its just a road bike after all 8-0 Horses for courses.. I've got a 1 piece race suit, knee sliders and race cans don't you know !! lol

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices