Skip to content

BMW New BMW R1200GS revealed R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > New BMW R1200GS revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New BMW R1200GS revealed

The new BMW R1200GS will use a 125bhp water/air cooled motor and feature semi-active suspension. The biggest change comes in the engine, with the introduction for the first time of water-cooling. Rather than the engine being fully water-cooled, 65% will still be air-cooled, while the rest will be cooled by a system that uses a water-glycol mixture and two radiators. There is a new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 17:59)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

I would rather

ride a KLR650 or Wee-Strom for combined paved highway and gravel road riding, and keep the $10K+ in change. Might consider a G or F series BMW if the prices were more competitive, and they fixed the excess vibration issues.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Ugly

O like GS's. Especially because of the suspension. They're great bikes. But they are getting uglier and uglier. Just saw the Suzuki concept.. that's much nicer. That said, I do wish the KLR was still sold in this country. Cheap an cheerful, and a true adventure bike to boot...

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Strange looking wee beastie

At last BMW have uncovered the latest gen R1200GS. Not too bad but that adventure style seat looks crap,in fact oddly enough the standard Gs seat looks miles better. Not bad,but i'm waiting foe test reports before i jump for joy. Weird style,as usual,but miles better than Honda,Yamaha and Triumph,and the new KTM.

Reply to this Topic
GSboy55

Feb 11

GSboy55 says:

Ummmm !!!

Got the 2010 twin cam GS, should be interesting what the dealers offer on a trade in. Not sure if its for me, didn't want it heavier that's for sure. Will await the road tests from the bike mags. At the moment its not rocking my boat.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

new GS

none of these bkes are really lookers, but adjustable pegs, bars, seat , suspension  at least they are being made to fit more people

Would anyone buy a car where the seat doesnt move, or the steering wheel , etc

If your spending £10k plus its the least a bike manufacturer can do, and Im pleased to see BMW making the effort, I wish Honda and the Jap bikes would follow.

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

Oh Dear...

It looks like the Ducati Multistrada has rattled a few cages at BMW...

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

how much

dont think il spend the prob 5k to trade in my 2010 gs adventure for a xtra 15 bhp might look at the 150 bhp ktm adventure oh and will all the jap sport bike boys [yes ive got one to] stop saying they always break down they dont my 10 plate gs has 18 k on the clock itl take most gsxr r1 ers 6 year to get near that and its still perfect

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

R1stevie

My 2010 gsxr1300 has 36000 miles, It,s the rider that takes the bike out Doh!

Reply to this Topic
guy195

Jan 04

guy195 says:

Overweight, overcomplicated with electrical solutions to problems we never had in the first place. Some will be reliable, some will fall apart like a cheap watch. Can't blame BMW they make huge profits out if these bikes with all the Chinese components, and there will be thousands of them in the Alps next year covered in accessories with riders dressed identically.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

has it got a huge seat as be for or have they seen the light and lowered the seat

will bmw have sorted out the huge seat hight yet? as i looked at last years one and found the seat hight to be huge so at 5.8tall i cant get my feet ner the ground plus there is to much weight in the bike to. i will take my money to ktm every time.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices