Skip to content

BMW New BMW R1200GS revealed R1200GS

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS > New BMW R1200GS revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New BMW R1200GS revealed

The new BMW R1200GS will use a 125bhp water/air cooled motor and feature semi-active suspension. The biggest change comes in the engine, with the introduction for the first time of water-cooling. Rather than the engine being fully water-cooled, 65% will still be air-cooled, while the rest will be cooled by a system that uses a water-glycol mixture and two radiators. There is a new...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 17:59)

Post a message in R1200GS

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

seat height

I'm 5ft 8in and so too short for a GS or even an RT.  I have a mate with a GS who's forever dropping it at garages, home, hotels etc.

I was just about OK on the demo RT I tried until I set the ESA for pillion, the bike lifted by what felt like 2 inches and I was beyond tip toes!  I had to ride off straightaway and liked the bike but it's too tall to be safe when stopped especially two up with luggage etc. I know low versions are available, but they can't ride the same as the standard model, otherwise they would be the standard model.

Most other tourers and adventure bikes have similar height seats so I'm going to stick with my 64,000 mile R1100RT which does 90% of what a 1200 does and I can put my feet flat on the floor.  

I've the added bonus of knowing that my rear wheel bearings aren't likely to fail and that I've saved over £12,000 which I can spend on touring. 

Reply to this Topic
wright1200

Dec 10

wright1200 says:

Great bike with a major flaw

It's a great looking bike, but they're taken away the fantastic 3 button indicator system for the stupid unusable old one button indicator switch – just because of press pressure, who don’t ride them every morning in rush hour London traffic work!

So guess what, riders will now indicate erratically as the general rider population do with the one button indicator system

So a perfect bike with a major major flaw!

And no option to have the better 3 safer switch indicator system on BMW options list :-(

Reply to this Topic
yammy2011

Nov 12

yammy2011 says:

The Perfect bike

Just got even better, cannot wait to ride one, ive got my bike reserved already

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN