Skip to content

Discuss This Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

Triumph has updated its popular Street Triple range with a new chassis, underbelly exhaust, switchable ABS and substantial weight loss. The twin-spar aluminium frame has been designed and built with weight loss in mind, adding to the claime 6kg total weight loss for 2013. As with all Triumph R versions the Street Triple R gets a series of visual changes which include...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 18:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mattofasto

Aug 02

mattofasto says:

Nice

Love it, especially the R. The Speed Triple is awesomely capable already, so less weight and better mass centralisation will make it even better. The new exhaust is a bit ugly, but it will look fine when you're near it and looking down, so it's not a big deal. Hope they keep the pricing where it is now, as it's top value.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Well

saving starts now I fear. All I wanted from the street triple was ABS and they've gone a step further and made it switchable which is what I have now. Last thing you want when you're being an idiot and riding with sports tyres on snow is bloody ABS.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

No power hike then?

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Exhaust

look wrong. Nice bike but I still think the exhaust should exit from under the seat. Makes the balance of the design look wrong.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

good effort

i like it ,new triumph badge is rubbish but the rest is great.a fazer type fairing would make it perfect.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Like the new exhaust but if you were in front of one of these and looked in your mirror, you would think you were being followed by a large insect, scary!! As said already, needs a Fazer sized fairing, at least as an option, especially for us old 'uns who need a bit of wind protection.

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

less ugly

well its a step in the right direction! now get rid of those stupid headlamps that make it look like someone has raided the parts bin, offer a half faired version, and get the quality up to at least east german level and i would buy one!

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

too late

already bought a 2012 cause it was time for a new bike. whens the next update due? 2016?

Reply to this Topic
wobblyhead

Apr 10

wobblyhead says:

too late

already bought a 2012 cause it was time for a new bike. whens the next update due? 2016?

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Looks, rubs eyes, looks again

So, you're telling me that's not a SVF650 Gladius?  Not an ER6-n either?  Or a Hornet?

Well, OK then, if you say so.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices