Skip to content

Discuss This Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

Triumph has updated its popular Street Triple range with a new chassis, underbelly exhaust, switchable ABS and substantial weight loss. The twin-spar aluminium frame has been designed and built with weight loss in mind, adding to the claime 6kg total weight loss for 2013. As with all Triumph R versions the Street Triple R gets a series of visual changes which include...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 18:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Triple bypass ???.......Yes,its ugly

What on earth are TRIUMPH thinking of......? The bike look as though its been stretched and that hideous exhaust is a BIG NO-NO. No doubt,someone will fall in love with it,but me not judging by these pics,go to the back of the class TRIUMPH.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Ug

Exhaust looks like a Honda. Ugly upswept tail looks like a Suzuki. Radiator covers look like Kawasaki. Sticky out front indicators look crap and so do the headlights without the flyscreen. The only thing I ca see that makes it definitely a trumpet is the ludicrous stepped seat - only the Tiger 1050 is more ludicrous. Engine is gorgeous and the lower weight means I want one, but I also want a huge paper bag to ride around in. Fugly bike.

Reply to this Topic
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Forgot to add....

MV Agusta anyone ? F3 Brutale is a work of art next to this parts bin special.

Reply to this Topic
rod955i

Oct 10

rod955i says:

another styling disaster

wtf.......

Reply to this Topic
rod955i

Oct 10

rod955i says:

do you want one

do you lust after this bike....er....no

do you like the look of this bike.....er....no

would you have one if someone gave you one for nothing......er.......ok..then

Reply to this Topic
Shaun25

Mar 12

Shaun25 says:

Dont like it. The styling has gone too far away from the original. Each generation is getting uglier.

Reply to this Topic
rod955i

Oct 10

rod955i says:

things to do with pieces of plastic

put them on side of naked bikes - you cant have expertly engineered engines on show after all.......might upset the locals.....

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Me no likey

They buggered up the 1050 restyle and made that one Fugly bike, and seem to have used the same shitty ended stick to transform the Street triple :-o

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

It needs the optional screen as standard, otherwise it looks awful with those lights stuck out on their own but why do that when you can get the punters to pay for it. Get rid of the tacky plastic blobs on the side, and, worst of all, dump those ridiculous mirrors and fit some nice folding bar-end items. Wow, I should work for Triumph! (Any vacancies? coz I've just taken early retirement!  Thought not!)

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Headlights

Been some criticism on here with the ST but really not a lot has changed and what has changed is for the better,lighter frame,neat exhaust,abs and a bit of plastic get over it.What has come up time and time again is those bloody awful Headlights.:mad:

Triumph will have learnt a very painful lesson(maybe)if it ain't broke don't fix it.

The headlights on the Triumph if needed changing changing marganally and not so drastic,it's altered the apperiance drastically.

I'm with the others on here it needs an upper fairing but then it would't be a sreet bike would it but it sure would be better with those lights.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle