Skip to content

Discuss This Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Updated Triumph Street Triple revealed

Triumph has updated its popular Street Triple range with a new chassis, underbelly exhaust, switchable ABS and substantial weight loss. The twin-spar aluminium frame has been designed and built with weight loss in mind, adding to the claime 6kg total weight loss for 2013. As with all Triumph R versions the Street Triple R gets a series of visual changes which include...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 18:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jonnyconcrete

Oct 05

look like a mix between a z1000 and a suzuki gladius but unlike both those bikes this bike looks shite

Reply to this Topic
Sundog

Oct 12

Sundog says:

Yuk

Horibble, glad I got a 2010 STR, that'll be a classic, this will be forgotten. No signifcant difference in bike, just uglier clothes. If I didn't have one I wouldn't buy this, it looks just like the rest of the jap bikes, and that exhaust... yuk. Triumph stood for something different in my book. This is just following the crowd, Bad job.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I really like it, but the head lichts ? They stick out so far, but then again they did the same on the old model.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

yes, the lights jut out too far. It really stands out.

Reply to this Topic
JUtona675

Oct 12

JUtona675 says:

Dear Hinckley Geniuses...

...Please, please don’t make the same ugly mistakes to the Daytona next as demonstrated here.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

New Street Triple

Looks nice, wouldn't mind one. But riding in all weathers I would need something like mudguards on any bike I buy. Same with the Panigale. It seems  the art of designing functional mudguards has been lost for ever. Surely one of the 50 odd designers at Triumph could come up with something functional and attractive, or why bother adding weight with a useless piece of plastic...

Reply to this Topic
KingCast955i

Oct 12

KingCast955i says:

Ouch.

Modernization is all good but this is perilously close to something that could have come from Japan. I love the way my '02 Sprint Looks more than this thing. http://s8.postimage.org/e1yigw37p/King_Cast_fall_2012_Seacoast_Sport_Cycles.jpg

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Pete

you're right about mudguards, it's fashionable to put small ones on which allow crap all over the exhaust headers (you might as well sand blast them with salt in winter) and on my current bike I've had to add a bit under the number plate as otherwise it sprays my back with road crap. Very annoying.

As for the look of the bike, I think it's one of those that you'll love riding too much to care about. The bug eye headlights are quirky and a little demented looking. Hence I like. What it needs is a grin.

Reply to this Topic
ShayKin

Oct 12

ShayKin says:

Sorry All - Love It!

I am amazed at the reaction here. I wwent to look at the triple because it's clearly the best thing in the class to ride, and hated the look of the current one. This one has tidied up all the ugly bits and no doubt is even better to ride. Hoping Triumph have some deals going at the NEC cos I'm ready to sign on the line.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices