You are in... Forums > General > General > Position

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

Position

Cyclist in the middle of the road and a cop car using a bus lane.

http://uk.autoblog.com/2012/10/01/video-police-car-s-near-miss-with-cyclist/?ncid=webmail9

Shocking. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 October 2012 22:44)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Cops

are only people,so can be wankers the same as any other wanker,and there's a perfect example :upset:

Reply to this Topic
ANichol

Aug 02

ANichol says:

cyclists can use bus lane

but oh so often want the rest of the road too. There was no reason for the bike to be in the lane it was in. Being undertaken by a cop car, ergo, is the cyclists fault. Sure, the car shouldn't have undertaken and had no particular right to the bus lane - but would the cyclist have preferred a 'squeeze past' on their rhs; or do we all have to queue behind a peddlar who is refusing to use the lane they fought for access rights to?

See this a lot in Southend where the axed a whole load of car parking spaces parallel to the road to create a cycle lane  - which is demarked by coloured tarmac AND a raised kerbing to spearate it from the main road. There is then the wide promendae type pavement for pedestrians. Where do you find the cyclists? Cycling down the road and not in the cycle lane.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Didn't think

it looked that close to be honest.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

cyclists

well, i have had my fair share of cyclists in the summer  riding two or three abreast on local roads that refuse to move over, few choice words were exchanged in the pub that they pulled in at..proficiency shame?

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

A cyclist should

be treated the same width as a car & then given a meter clearance (as should a biker).

Police should not use a bus lane unless on blues.

The cyclist was in that lane as he was going to turn right. He was travelling quite fast. There is no minimum speed limit and he was going faster than some cars do.

The policeman was in the wrong for using a bus lane, undertaking, failing to give his badge number when asked.

Had it been a learner who passed the cyclist either on the left or the right they would fail their test & it could have been classed as a dangerous fault & the test abandoned.

Had it been 'joe public' & the police saw it they could have been booked or at the least had a 'talking to'.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Shame about the negativity to cyclists

We get this all the time - and tbh, ANichol, I'm quite surprised at you taking this line,  I wouldn't expect such a tangental rant against two-wheeled road users, who are even more vulnerable than us, from you.

Seems people who do this just look down on the next road user.  Maybe it goes like this:

Juggernaut -->
Lorry -->
large Van -->
Rover/ SUV  ->
Saloon -->
Compact -->
Motorcycle -->
Scooter --->
Cyclist ------>
Pedestrian -------->
Old person ---------->

You get my drift.   Always disappointing to see this crap, but particularly from those I'd thought better than that.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle