You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Tyres > Tyre Wear (Bridgestone bt 016

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CBR600RRmovistar

Oct 12

Tyre Wear (Bridgestone bt 016

Hey everyone!

I ride a 2004 CBR600RR and use the Bridgestone bt 016. I love this tyre coz of the grip on the edges and the many kms in the middle. My riding is sports/touring with more emphasis on the sports riding. I put the front and rear tyre on the bike at the same time but I noticed that the front tyre is worn out (mostly on the edges) while the rear tyre still has many kms left on it. From what i know that's strange, usually the rear gets worn out much faster than the front. I used the Pirelli Diablo before and that was the case. Is it the tyre compound? Do you recommend a similar tyre that could be better than the bt 016?

Thank you!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 08:23)

Post a message in Tyres

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

tyre wear

Hi there,

As the rubber is a matched pair with front and rear designed to do different jobs I'd stay with what you have. If you are getting decent mileage out of the rear tyre it's not so much of a problem to renew the front, instead of the rear as usual....

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Tyre wear

Hello mate, I've got the bridgestones too and they are very good and been told the Diablo's are very good too. My tyres before we're old bridgestones and the front were more worn than the rear. All depends on your your riding style I think, if you go out for a blast round bends then your edges will go quicker. Have you done much sports riding or is it just touring/commuting ?

Reply to this Topic
CBR600RRmovistar

Oct 12

Tyre wear

I've been thinking about switching to the Pirelli Diablo's, they seem to be getting the best reviews.

My riding style is mostly sport, i love the twisties on the mountains but i have to ride through long straights before i reach the twisties :upset: That's why i need the tyre to be durable in the middle but with good grip on the edges. Do you think the Diablo's will be the best tyre for this or will it go flat in the middle?

Reply to this Topic
DBrooker

Aug 12

DBrooker says:

Tyre wear

I think it's entirely on your riding comfortability and pirelli's I think I'll be going with them next. If your worried about the centre getting worn quickly try not full throttle it on straight and going too fast, just cruise with gentle throttle to where ever your going and that will stop the centre going quickly but I'm sure it will take quite abit of riding before they go. 

Reply to this Topic
CBR600RRmovistar

Oct 12

Tyre Wear

Thank you very much for your help! :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle