Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki reveal two Z800s New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Kawasaki reveal two Z800s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Kawasaki reveal two Z800s

Kawasaki as expected has just unveiled its new Z800 at the Cologne Show but the surprise is there is not one Z800 but two. The Z800 itself is all new and boasts multi-adjustable suspension, an uprated engine with 111bhp and 61.25ftlb of torque, it features flashier all new styling and is expected to retail for €9495 (apx £7585) when it goes on...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 09:20)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mosserbett

Jun 10

mosserbett says:

Z750

Hi oscarman I wasn't offended by you your comments I was just wondering why you would say things like that about a bike I consider to be brilliant but thinking back to when i picked mine up in 2010 it was six months old I was considering getting rid after two weeks as the bike was such a horrid bike to ride the front end would dive every time I braked, the back end was wallowing no feedback from the tyres nothing you would ride over a small twig & the front would be all over the place very twitchy, but it was a comfy ride until but I came accross an artical by mcn a guide to setting up suspension which made the bike a hundred times better then this year I got rid of the rubbish dunlops I went for the continental contimotion I couldn't believe the difference in the bike it was like the tyres had started to talk to me,I put an sp engineering carbon race can so it sounds amazing I now have a brilliant handling bike I took it to Wales a few weeks ago shrewsbury, welshpool, barmouth, harlech, portmadog, bedgellert,llanberis over to bangor, conway then back to stoke on Trent, also over the peak district a couple of times it is perfect it's strange remembering how bad it really was, I can't fault it well the only thing wrong with it is the rider, but tell your mate to surf for an mcn suspension set up guide & dump the dunlops if he still has them on they don't suit the z at all Moe

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

mosserbrtt

well he hass siablorossos and tweeked suspetion too but i still can't get over the fact that it's over 200 kg. mine has the same power output, admitedly less torque but 30 kg less and with ohlins spring in the fork, tweeked shock and qualifier2s it's just as good and it' over 5 years older...

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

maybe with the hornet of the time or the street triple per say you would never hav had those problems in the first place. however i totaly understand, the z looks great espetially when it first came out and on the first ride felt great. i know, i tried it but i'm glad you got it runing just how you like it.

Reply to this Topic
mosserbett

Jun 10

mosserbett says:

z750

well I think the first owner had messed wth the suspension & got it way off the mark everything was spongy & loose take it into a bend it was like sitting on a bouncy castle hit a bump & you were in the air its solid now nothing bothers it & he put a 14 tooth sprocket on so it only does just over 130 mph but it shifts of the mark really good even better with the new exhaust its a lot lighter than the ugly bin that was standard

Reply to this Topic
mosserbett

Jun 10

mosserbett says:

street triple

750 I fancied a street triple I've got a local triumph dealer but the price was too much I got my Z registered feb 2010 got in august 3500 on the clock with screen, belly pan, tail tidy pazzo levers, heated grips, z750 tank pad for 4,300 whitch I thought was a bargain

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

What's wirth the Hornet bashing?

I have one, and it's a bloody good bike!
All this "lady's bike" malarky is tosh, simple as that. In the real world, it can do whatever you need it to pretty comfortably, apart from going off-road.

Never seen what was so "womanly" about it. Apart from, perhaps, the vibrations in the seat, but they can be pretty nice sometimes!
To bash a bike because it appeals to one sex or another, for whatever reason - low seat height - is stupid. I'm 5ft 8-ish and the seat height inspires confidence much more-so than my mates jacked up Bandit.

Not butt-hurt because someone is bashing my bike, just don't understand why people do it, or how they can justify it as being a reasonable point.

Reply to this Topic
oscarman

Mar 12

oscarman says:

Don't hassle the hornet...

Reply to this Topic
kwakakid

Mar 09

kwakakid says:

z 750

At one point the z750 kawasaki and the fazer 600 were best selling bikes in europe, reportedly,for whatever reason kawasaki produced a winner.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle