Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha unveils future vision with three-cylinder engine General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Yamaha unveils future vision with three-cylinder engine

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Richard Newland  says:

Yamaha unveils future vision with three-cylinder engine

Yamaha has unveiled its on-going commitment to motorcycle innovation this morning at the Cologne Show, by revealing its new three-cylinder P3 engine. Along with the expected unveiling of an updated FJR1300 and FZ8, plus new Aerox scooters, Yamaha has provided one of the talking points of the cologne Show with the unveiling of this all new three cylinder engine, which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 12:27)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Shall I?.......

Oh yes, let's be picky.  This is not the first triple from Yamaha since the XS750.  The LAST triple from Yamaha was the XS850 of the early 80's  :tongue:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

750 triple

Triffic but please put it in a new tmax with 16" wheels.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Good knowledge Marcus..

Do you want to be on my team for the motorcycle trivia quiz? ;) Joking aside this could be a good lump, based purely on the achievements Triumph have made with their engines.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Reliable

given Yamaha's brilliant reliability record and build quality it should be a cracker

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Reliable?

My last Yamaha bike (660 single) I was told by the garage on it's umpteenth return for warranty work that 400 miles a week was to much for it... I wish I'd got it in writing...

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

been done

triumph have made the triple thier own and very sucsesfuly to. yamaha need to stick to 4 cylinders.

Typical the japs  cant be original , and before you all try and disput this dont,

99% of what the japs do has been done by us the british years ago.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

It's hard to see ....

How any bike maker can be called original, with so few engine configurations. Singles, Twins, Tripples, Fours, Sixes have all been done so I can't really see the problem TBH.

Reply to this Topic
BFG50

Feb 11

BFG50 says:

British Reliability...

I have 2 friends with Triumphs - Sprint ST and Daytona 675. Both have had issues - the Sprint in particular had all the electrics blow on a Europe tour. The response from Triumph? Read the small print it says you shouldn't be riding it above 25c. I'd love a Triple but there's no way I'd buy a Triumph Triple with the experience I've seen others go through. The Japanese so copy a lot of stuff, but the thing about copying stuff is that you can improve on the original. And they invariably do. I hope it catches on personally. A Triple with Japanese price and reliability? Yes please.

Reply to this Topic
hough

May 11

hough says:

They've probably gone down the triple road because the inline 4 cross plane crank engine is so wide. Just look at the current R1. The engines Counter balancing is to blame

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I don't really mind what the engine configuration is as long as it's reliable. XS 750 gearboxes anyone? Less reliable than a politician's promise.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle