Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

The air-cooled retro CB1100 will finally be reaching UK shores. The fuel-injected 1140cc DOHC inline four boasts 87bhp, tips the scales at 247kg, and the vertically challenged will appreciate the 775mm seat height. It may be retro, but it also sports Honda's Combined ABS braking system. There's still no word on a production CB1100R, sadly. Honda has also announced updates to some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
greenturbobob

Nov 05

87bhp..

is hardly worth boasting about from 1140cc motorcycle engine!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

It's not all about BHPs!

No torque figures quoted but "retro" bikes like these are all about grunt not bhp.  87 sounds plenty for the riding style and seating position. I guess we will have to wait and see.....

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Drworm/greenturbobob

The Susuki GS850G Would make a good comparison, With similar horse power and weight  but 35 year old design. I can see both points of view.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Whether 87bhp is enough or not is not the point i am trying to make. The point i am trying to make is that Honda (presumably!) is BOASTING about the 87 bhp it makes from a 1140cc engine. Which by any standards today is, well, not very much! But despite this its a very nice looking bike:)

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

why they gone for such low power, a 600 hornet is more powerful and cheaper to run and insure

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

timewarp

Absolutely on the money,in 1980.pointless bike,people will say 87bhp makes it suitable for a first big bike,247kg doesnt.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Nice

But would still go for the Kwaka W800 which is by far a better looker and will be cheaper to run.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Hornet....

...the hornet may make more bhp but as an earlier poster mentioned, it's all about torque with this style of bike. As for the w800, it's a nice looking copy of a bonneville, and this is a nice looking copy of the old cb's, my only issue with the W800 is that if you want a modern version of a bonneville, why not buy a triumph? It's the real McCoy and an excellent bike to boot... Now why hasn't faired concept of this bike been Mae? It looked awesome.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

evilamnesiac

Nothing against the Bonnie but having tested both within an hour of eachother (T100 Bonnie) I thought the Kwaka was the better bike. It handled better, seemed to have a bit more presence on the road and despite the Jap-badge looked more authentic in the metal than the Triumph. I was also intested in the MotoGuzzi V7 Classic but having tried my mates I'd choose the Bonnie or the Kwaka.

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Also...

You can't really call a Bonnie a real McCoy because I think they're built in Thailand!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices