Skip to content

Discuss This Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda CB1100 finally comes to UK

The air-cooled retro CB1100 will finally be reaching UK shores. The fuel-injected 1140cc DOHC inline four boasts 87bhp, tips the scales at 247kg, and the vertically challenged will appreciate the 775mm seat height. It may be retro, but it also sports Honda's Combined ABS braking system. There's still no word on a production CB1100R, sadly. Honda has also announced updates to some...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 October 2012 13:17)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

Lard Bikes

WTF, CB1100, we need a new name for under powered over weight retro bikes, how about "Lard Bikes", any twin 1000 (guzzi/v-strom/air cooled ducati/varadero/TDM 900/ other) has got to be better and have more torque than this XS850 lookalike honda Lard Bike.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

To the best of my knowledge, bits of a few Triumphs are built in Thailand but the assembly line is at Hinckley, at least it was when I did a factory tour a few years ago. But getting back to the Honda, HOW HEAVY! How can such a plain basic bike be so heavy? Is the frame made out of lead piping? Is the engine made out of depleted uranium? Good job it didn't have a fairing and luggage or it would have needed a crew! This isn't new for Honda though. They have made a few lardy bikes in recent years which has spoiled them. The seat height is good for short arses like me but the weight when slow riding or pushing it into your garage will deter a lot of people.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Thailand?

Ill have you know sir that Triumphs are British through and through and should be bought over any other make regardless of any other factor. THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN EDITED BY THE MCN FORUM MODERATOR.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Whoops...

not sure what happened there, I thought they were made in China? or is that the all American Harley? :)

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

evilamnesiac

Are you a Triumph dealer by any chance? Lol.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Weight

Weight was never a problem for the CBX1000 which weighed a fair bit more than this new bike.

Other old pharts like me will recognise the styling cues from the CBX present in this machine which I have to say looks fabulous.

Just a shame there's no centrestand or shaft drive.

As for the peak horsepower figure, for bikes like this its a complete irrelevance, the thing that is more important is a wide spread of torque from low rpm.

Will be interesting to see what the price is when it arrives in showrooms...

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

Hmmm now I'm not sure I would buy this as it is just a little to dull and safe but glade that Honda have built it...... it will make a good base for a custom. Perhaps my dad would like it?? it looks a little retro with Honda's modern build quality and he wouldn't be bothered about the weight or lack of BHP. Can also imagine a few Soho/Media wankers riding them around town :s

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

I say

Nice looking bike, I would !!!!!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

87 bhp Boast ?????

For a bike of that lardship, 87 bhp is a disgrace and there is nothing  to boast about.

Its not a retro its a tub. Wtf are Honda thinking of ?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Stick the CB1100...

...I want the CB1100R!!

2008-honda-cb1100r.jpg

Does anybody else think its "face" looks like a Cyberman from Doctor Who?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices